• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hemcore bedding

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
Ive ran out of megazorb and cant get to the farm shop till next week so i went to jolleys and brought a bale of hemcore is it any good? not used any yet

You need to check that it doesn't contain Citronella as some brands of Hemcore do and it is poisonous to rabbits if ingested

Does anyone use this for rabbits? I cant take it back,and if i cant use this ive got nothing to put in the rabbits litter trays tommow:(

many people here use newspaper, though to me, if the ink is bad for people, it can't be any good for rabbits! i've never heard of hemcore, sorry. how about a good bit of hay with newspaper underneath?

many people here use newspaper, though to me, if the ink is bad for people, it can't be any good for rabbits! i've never heard of hemcore, sorry. how about a good bit of hay with newspaper underneath?

Ive been using newspaper but ive ran out of that too,We dont get newspapers so ive been reling on my mum giving me hers but i used the last one this morning,I have 9 litters tray to do every morning

When I cant afford to buy litter, I too just use the newspaper/hay method.

It smells more, but works quite well

i've been using hemcore (has citronella in it) for 3/4 yrs and had no problems with it :D

Some people use citonella in their hutches and sheds to keep mozzies away.

As far as newspaper goes it used to be poisonous but now it's not except the financial times :wave:

Back