• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have just dropped Bungle :-(

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Bungle was being especially grumpy today, lunging at me when I tried to trim his fur so I held him while my OH cut. He decided he had had enough so flipped over in my arms and I dropped him onto the wooden flooring.

He is hopping about ok but is sat in the corner quiet now. I think it might just be the shock but will get him checked over in an hour if he is still quiet.

I feel so guilty :(

Poor boy :( You were only looking after him and unfortunately these things happen, I know I would do the guilt trip too though :?

It must be heartbreaking at times trying to sort his coat out when it's obviously causing him to be upset. You're braver than me taking on a long haired rabbit.

Please don't feel bad.
Ghostie was being really moody one day and I was holding her, and she completely flidded out, and honestly, she smashed down on the concrete with a thud.
I was convinced she had broken something, but a few minutes later she was binkying around, so I left it.
I was so shocked though :cry:

Please don't feel bad.

I once went to pick up Leo, he wasn't having any of it and decided to do a massive wiggle/leap. He jumped out of my arms and landed on his puppy pen, so a metal barrier. I've never felt more bad, I burst into tears.

I think most bunny owners have these little mishaps :(

:( Hope he's okay, I've noticed you've not been around since posting about his fall.

*sending vibes for the lovely Bungle*

please dont feel bad.
it wasnt your fault.

My toffee is very strong and kicks away from me and jumps to the floor.
i always check him over, and if he is fine then its ok.

Im sure he is ok, just gone quiet because of the shock, but he will be back to himself soon :wave:

I hope that your rabbit is OK. Our rabbit sometimes appears to have a death wish. She jumps up on furniture, climbs higher and then deliberately jumps off again onto floors. They all seem to have a problem with wooden floors because:

Furry feet = little grip on smooth surfaces = skidding.

Sending vibes for Bungle that he's just a bit cross and not hurt himself.

I dropped Daisy once, I felt awful afterwards, but she was fine. I think we all do it sometime or other, so please don't be too upset with yourself hun. xx

Sorry to not post again, had to nip out. He is eating fine and has brightened up so I think he was just a little shocked. I need to start anaetheisting him to trim his fur- he hates it!

As Bungle is so much like Eddie, I was wondering if Bungle has ever had a skin scrapping done for mites?

We got one done for eddie a few months ago as he was being so over sensitive with his skin and even though he had no obvious symptoms he came back positive for mites. He has had a couple of treatments for it and today sat as good as gold while I brushed him, I think it is the first time ever :) admittedly he had his head in a bowl of food too but he must feel much more comfortable :D

Glad that Bungle is OK.

You really do have your work cut out with his fur. You do a brilliant job looking after such a fluffy bun.

Back