• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Esme is such a nawty bunneh

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Her pen backs onto my desk (she lives in my office). I have my computer desk and then behind me, next to Esme is my paperwork desk. It was cold last night so I had a fleece gillet on over my cardigan (like you do) and this morning when I was feeding the animals I must have put the gillet on the desk, not thinking .. Esme managed to get her nose and more importantly her teeth through the squares on the NIC cage and drag the gillet into range. Don't know how long the 'little love' had time to play with it but it is full of holes!! There's an area about 8 inches x 8 inches full of little and not to little holes. I can't believe how much mess she's made :roll:

Can't do photos unfortuantely as too scared of viruses from photobucket at the mo.

I don't know how you guys with free-range bunnies cope - I'd never have anything of value if mine were free-range all the time :roll:

Last edited:
Mine are free range when we are there to 'supervise' but the OH fell asleep the other day and woke to holes in the duvet and his work jumper much to my amusement!!! Im not laughing now though just found holes in my work jeans! :roll:

Mine are free range when we are there to 'supervise' but the OH fell asleep the other day and woke to holes in the duvet and his work jumper much to my amusement!!! Im not laughing now though just found holes in my work jeans! :roll:

:shock: They obviously made the most of not being supervised :shock:

I keep mine in pens for their own safety but having heard what my friend's new young cat gets up to I'm so glad I've got rabbits not a kitty wrecking everything he gets his paws on. He even sits quietly and then just leaps out on his new mum which must be quite funny but I think the novelty is wearing off that a little now :lol::lol:

Has he started climbing the cutains yet? Thats always quite amusing! :lol:

Oh yes! He climbs the curtains onto the bedroom window sill at about 5.30 each morning. He clatters about on the window sill until mummy and daddy are awake and then pounces on their faces :lol::lol: She was mummy to an elderly cat until about a year ago so this very lively young cat is taking a lot of getting used to. They also have a big pond and knew that would be very interesting to the cat... he was playing with the water last week and went head first into it :shock: It was a really cold day so that *might* have cured him of his fascination for moving water :lol::lol: ... maybe ....

I love baby animals but they are hard work!!! I bet it is a real shock from having a older cat to a kitten but they :love::love::love:

Id rather have chewed duvets and curtain climbing than children! At least animals dont cry!!! (My lack of mother instinct creeps out every now and then!) :oops:

Naughty Esme :no:

As for the kitten - I remember well when mine loved nothing more than clawing their way up my legs. Ouch! I was relieved when they moved on to curtian climbing instead :lol:

esme, you little tinker:lol:

(must be something to so with the name as i'm still looking for a chew proof bed for my esme:roll:)

esme, you little tinker:lol:

(must be something to so with the name as i'm still looking for a chew proof bed for my esme:roll:)

I've had two soft beds for Esme and they are in shreds. I've now given her a hard plastic cat bed and she loves it. She wouldn't use it when it had a soft mattress in but now it just has a piece of carpet tile in and loads of hay. She snoozes in it for hours :love::love: Unlike Tink and Roo she knows it's a bed and not a potty :? :roll:

I've had two soft beds for Esme and they are in shreds. I've now given her a hard plastic cat bed and she loves it. She wouldn't use it when it had a soft mattress in but now it just has a piece of carpet tile in and loads of hay. She snoozes in it for hours :love::love: Unlike Tink and Roo she knows it's a bed and not a potty :? :roll:

my esme has 'issues' with the texture of things i think:? she has to smooth everything out too by stretching her front paws across things.....

do you mean a dog basket type bed? at the moment she sleeps on a couple of cheap mats i bought her and seems happy enough. mind you, eric has a soft bed and he rarely sleeps in it:roll:

maybe they don't care about a bed - its my paranoia:lol:

my esme has 'issues' with the texture of things i think:? she has to smooth everything out too by stretching her front paws across things.....

do you mean a dog basket type bed?

Yes, a dog bed, one of the oval ones with a lower front. Artie used to sleep in one as well but I moved him to a different part of the house and he never uses his bed since :? If I put anything of the sort in for Tink and Roo they just have to 'get it out of the way' and can't be doing with me cluttering the place up for them - they seem quite happy without a bed.

Back