• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Babies..... :(

*Spider*

Wise Old Thumper
I'm in so much shock now RU, I need calming down :(
I've got sooo much pain in my heart area as well, think I've got a trip to doctor's tomorrow (long story).

Came in from a night out. (Been round a friend's house, as our parents were going out for a meal and they needed a lift home as they both wanted to drink :roll:)
Went to shut babies up & feed everyone.
Hutch door WIDE open.
Screaming, hysterical crying, you name it.
Dad came running out and saw what was wrong.
He opened up the hutch and only Gabriel was in there.
I was screaming and hollering like I was being murdered, my parents were screaming at me to stop as I'd wake the neighbours up (which a few of them did).
I couldn't search, all I could do was run around hysterically crying like a headless chicken.
After about 30 minutes of searching Whisper came running out from a bush in my garden.
"That's it" - I thought. Frosty must be dead. Their hutch is right next to the gate which they can more than easily get through. My garden is nowhere near bunny proof.
After another hour of searching my Dad spotted Frosty hiding where all the collapsed runs are. Took us ages to catch him.
So glad they're safe. They're all very jumpy and scared (probably from all the noise I was making).
My Dad is soo angry with himself.
We had a house viewing today as we're selling it, and he let the little boy stroke the baby bunnies (they love attention) and obviously didn't shut the door (I was out walking the dog - then we went straight out)

I'm so glad my babies are okay.. :cry:

Last edited:
oh god how scary!! i had a similar thing once, i remember the sheer and utter panic when i realised they werent there its awful.

Im so so glad they are all okay!!!! Massive hug!xxxxx

oh god how scary!! i had a similar thing once, i remember the sheer and utter panic when i realised they werent there its awful.

Im so so glad they are all okay!!!! Massive hug!xxxxx

Thanks, I really need it right now.
I'm still shaking like I'm freezing cold but I'm wrapped in my duvet.
My Dad always pops the babies in and out of the run when I'm at work, but still I'm so angry with him.
He's drunk as well at the moment so wasn't really helping a lot with the situation, I could have KILLED him.

Aw babe what a nasty shock!!! Your dad will feel awful in the morning, so don't be too hard on him, probably punishing himself enough:) Thank god they came home, they obviously like too much to leave:love:

Thanks everyone. I just give myself a pat on the back that I free range them quite a lot.
My garden is an 'L' shape, and I don't let them on the patio.
They obviously knew they were safe up that end (on the lawn) so must have run up there and stayed up there, even though someone who lives in my village says that he saw two white bunnies running around by my house.. although he did text me after, and ended it with, "when u gonna let me take u out xxx blush blush xxx" :roll: So don't know if it's the truth or just an excuse to speak to me.

im glad they're okay if that had been my buns i would have been livid and to have to try and find them in the dark?!:shock:
no wonder you were in near hyterics!

I was reading this with my heart pounding, praying they would all be safe!!!!
They are beautiful boys,give them lots of cuddles today and one (or more!) from me :)

awww I thought that was going to be a horrible post - so glad you found them and they didnt go too far - clever bunnehs .

BIG HUGS x

Oh Hetty I'm so glad they're all safe and sound.
God know I panic enough when I lose Blue and Marnie in the house.
Hope you're feeling better this morning.
x

Oh goodness how awful that must have been. Luckily your sensible boys knew better than to wander, they obviously have no desire to escape from you :wave:

Wow, Hetty, I have had this happen to me once, except I had two buns still in the hutch and the naughty youngster is the one that had gone.......my garden wasnt bunny proof and we were right by a wood!! Some people say they saw a black bunny running down the street but I didnt know if they were telling the truth or not but she was def not in the garden.........

She didnt come back until 3 days later.

(((((huggles)))))

Wow, Hetty, I have had this happen to me once, except I had two buns still in the hutch and the naughty youngster is the one that had gone.......my garden wasnt bunny proof and we were right by a wood!! Some people say they saw a black bunny running down the street but I didnt know if they were telling the truth or not but she was def not in the garden.........

She didnt come back until 3 days later.

(((((huggles)))))

It was absolutely horrific!
So suprised Gabriel was still left in there though.
Can imagine all the fun they were having binkying around without me :roll:

Back