• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would rabbit no.3 be a silly idea?

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
I got my two from a breeder - a nice breeder who hasn't too many buns, lets them out to run around on the grass and breeds for temperment as well as looks. (sorry - just trying to justify myself a bit for buying from a breeder) Anyhoo I still feel a little guilty and would love to rescue a bunny in need. I'm just worried because my two are sooooo devoted to each other and setteled and happy I wonder if I would just upset their apple cart so to speak.

I wonder would they like a number 3 or is two just company and should I leave well enouth alone? I also thought that no. 3 would be a good backup incase one, God forbid, would die and then my bunnies wouldn't be alone.

What would you do? I'm also afraid I'm not up to the whole bonding thing. They're very happy together.... would I spoil their little utopia??

I wouldn't want to add another to an established bond, but I know nothing about bonding apart from what people have said on here. Maybe you could adopt another pair from a rescue ;).

PS: I'm not mad at you for buying from a breeder. All bunnies deserve loving homes, no matter where they're from.

i would worry about the pair's bond breaking.
But this may not happen, but its a risk you'll be taking.

When i bonded my three, they were all singles, so i dont really know much about bonding another into a pair...

do you have enough money and space for maybe a pair of rescues instead? :)
Then maybe in the future you could bond them into a four if you would like to?

just another option :wave:

Do you have time, space and money for a third rabbit? Have you considered what you're going to do if the bonding does not work? If the answers are 'yes', go for it. I have a group of four and they're all happy togeher.:D Just like you, one of the reasons why I introduced another two bunnies to my pair, is that my original female is quite old and I didn't want to end up with a lonely bunny.

To be honest, if the bonding didn't work I wouldn't have the room or time to devote to a bunny on it's own and I wouldn't want to have a lone bunster anyway and if I don't have room for 1 I certainly haven't room for 2!! I would be putting all my easter bunny eggs in one basket. Maybe I'll just leave it - they have such a lovely relationship I'd hate to spoil it for them.

Thanks for talking sense!!

No!! I'm too afraid to spoil a beautiful friendship. Imagine being the one to spoil this relationship....

feb10049.jpg

... I'd never forgive myself! They shall remain a wee pair of slippers!

Aww, they are lovely!
Looking so loved up! :love:

I think they'll be fine just being the two of them :love:

I agree. Number 3 would be nice but only if it was a perfect senario, which I'm not guaranteed so I'll just leave it as two's company and three's in my dreams!!:wave:

Back