• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Taken in 2 new fosters this morning, poor boys :( U/D and pics p73

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
I took these 2 in this morning, they are in a bit of a state :( I have never seen eyes like this.

I took them and their dad in (who was living seperately and has gone to another foster home), dad appears ok but these 2 clearly are not.

I was told they were taken to the vets last week and had their front teeth clipped as they had grown out of their mouth and curling under their chin :cry: How anyone can let them get like that I really don't know and I hate to think of how they had their teeth clipped :cry:

They insisted the vet said back teeth are fine but I am guessing not from the state of their eyes. They said their eyes have always been sticky and the vet said it was because they can't see very well :shock:

You can't see properly in these pics but one of their eyes has a bulge on the top of it, they are straight to the vets on Monday.

I have called them Dexter and Fletcher, at least they have been neutered!

PICT1231.jpg

PICT1230.jpg

PICT1227.jpg

Last edited:
never amazes me how young buns can have such poor teeth, has the one in the last pic got ear probs to or is that a wound, ??

poor lil things

never amazes me how young buns can have such poor teeth, has the one in the last pic got ear probs to or is that a wound, ??

poor lil things

It actually looks like wax, don't think its a wound haven't looked to closely at the moment as they are quite timid.

They don't even know what the hay is for and their poos are runny :(

It actually looks like wax, don't think its a wound haven't looked to closely at the moment as they are quite timid.

They don't even know what the hay is for and their poos are runny :(

im senseing DIY clipping and a few fibs, i mean there are vids on youtube on how to clip a buns teeth, like claws im assumeing if teeth are cut wroung you could knacker them up

Poor little guys :(
Atleast they are now in good hands.
hope all goes well at the vets
keep us updated :wave:

xx

Oh Katie. Poor wee mites.

Hopefully we can get them sorted with a minimal amount of discomfort for them and let's hope that the mucky eye is just a little infection rather than roots.

As far as tooth clipping goes, there's a guy in our village who said to me when I got my first pair of bunnies that if I needed their teeth clipping he'd do it for me! People do and don't realise why it shouldn't be necessary.

Vets do still clip teeth but not good ones I wouldn't think! having said that our very savvy vet will burr front teeth without a GA but that entirely depends on the rabbit involved and the risks.

Looking forward to meeting them Katie - you know how much of a sucker for a REW I am.

These 2 are so timid in the back of the hutch, they don't come forward when you open the door, I am wooried it might be a bit much for them, they were in a tiny 3ft hutch so this one is double the size, maybe thats why they are staying in that back corner :(
I put i few small pieces of veg in for them last night, only 1 piece of carrot, 1 piece of sweetheart and 1 piece of savoy cabbage and a sprig of corriander and they have not touched any of it as of this morning, I am really worried about these guys but then if their teeth are hurting maybe thats why they are not eating. Shall see what they do with their pellets....

Oh bless there little hearts.

May be they would feel more secure in the sleeping area of the hutch and to have all their food and water in that bit, then they could come out and explore at their own pace :) Might be worth offering them some mushy pellets too if their teethe are painful.

Oh bless there little hearts.

May be they would feel more secure in the sleeping area of the hutch and to have all their food and water in that bit, then they could come out and explore at their own pace :) Might be worth offering them some mushy pellets too if their teethe are painful.

Thanks Liz, I have put their food right next to them now, but i can't get the bottle any closer as there is no mesh there and i can't attach it, will go out and add a water bowl as well just incase they want to try it :)

Both of these little ones ate their veg last night and they came right up to me for a nosey and had their pellets this morning :love: :love:

I am hoping for good news from the vets this evening :)

Back