• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor Rabbit Moulting??

hellsdarkrose

Warren Veteran
Forgive me if this is a really silly question but Radish is moulting quite a lot and I didn't think that indoor bunnies had any kind of significant moult.

I have checked her skin and it all looks fine. Could anyone tell me if this is normal and whether I am worrying over nothing? :oops:

Thanks

my indoor buns moult a lot more than my outdoor ones,

if skins fine, eating running around fine, not "plucking " the fur out, as this CAN be a sign of pain, I shouldnt worry, mine moult about 4, 5 times a year indoors night mar, im pretty much always plucking fur:lol: and they are only short haired dutchies

changes in season and heating does it

my indoor buns moult a lot more than my outdoor ones,

if skins fine, eating running around fine, not "plucking " the fur out, as this CAN be a sign of pain, I shouldnt worry, mine moult about 4, 5 times a tear indoors night mare im pretty much always plucking fur:lol: and they are only short haired dutchies

She is fine running about like a loony then snuggling onto the sofa as normal, definitely can't see anything wrong with her skin, she isn't plucking out the fur (although I am :oops::oops: it's very therapeutic) and she is eating fine.

Thanks for the reassurance I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a sign of anything sinister. :oops:

Blue moults ALL the time. even though he is an indoor bun....he has the thickest coat. I'm forever pulling tufts off him :roll:
I think indoor buns moults are less definedthan outdoor, although I can't really say as I havent had outdoor buns since I was about 10...and I don't remember that far back :oops:

:lol: hehehe i pluck too, i love plucking the nose bit they look like lil punk rockers :lol:

they all moult differantly to
biggles, I can only describe as motheaten,

carrie moults like shes very slowly taking off her skirt * the hussy*

doc only moults in colours, white then black or vice versa

beth only seems to do light moult and yet all same breed all very bizarre

frosty my outdoor girl moult bout twice a year but boy its thick could make a coat out of her

My indoor pair (rexes) generally have a few loose hairs here. At the moment they're going through a heavy moult so look scruffy but still gorgeous to me :love:

Albert is moulting so badly that at first I thought there was something wrong with him :lol:
Evie is also spreading fluff everywhere and has been since we moved as their new room is a bit warmer

its a haze of hair in the air here..and floor..and furniture..beds clothes..food and drink too:shock::lol:

berties always moulting a bit but is in major start of moult..all over!
bif bless her is holding onto her fur..amajor fur plucking sessions is needed..but itll be outside!:lol:

merlins had a second major moult since he got here last year..and he does it in two to three stages and looks a neglected abused bunny..honset he isnt..and he has a tutu:lol::lol:

my mums bun is moulting soo bad..i combedand brushed and plucked her for an hour and a half and i need to go back and do it again......not without gogles and a breathing device!!:lol:

indoor buns moult pratically all the time due to heating etc..but they do also manage a major moult twice a year at least..and boy do you know it. im onto my third vaccum cleaner now in 18months:oops:
well bertie is a rew frenchie!!!

Snowdrop and Bungle are both having a bad moult at the minute and are indoors. Strawberry never seems to though.

its a haze of hair in the air here..floor..and furniture..beds clothes..food and drink too:shock::lol:...indoor buns moult pratically all the time due to heating etc..but they do also manage a major moult twice a year at least..

this. matthew and tabitha are having a big moult at the moment. handfuls, really, handfuls of hair everywhere. all my clothes are covered. i'm living in a hair-nightmare. their coats are short but dense, and they go all tufty and need gentle plucking... tabby thinks she's in heaven if someone will pull her forehead hair gently, but once you start, she won't let you stop!

Back