• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Squidgy at the vets again :-( u/d 6th March

HS

Wise Old Thumper
He had a dental 2 weeks ago, and seemed to be doing well after it. The vet did say that she wasn't sure that his teeth were the main problem as he only had a tiny spur.
Well, he's only been picking at his food for the last couple of days so I popped him back this morning. He's lost 60g in a week :cry::cry::cry: and is now down to 900g. She says he has a sore tummy, and thinks that the problem may lie there, so we've come home with metaclop, metacam, zantac, bio lapis and some cimikat :shock:
He does have rather an ominous lump on his shoulder, and we're not sure what it is and given his age (at least 8 ), we don't want to put him through any intrusive procedures.
He's fairly bright now he's back home, and I hope we can keep his weight up, but I think we may have to come to terms with the fact that he's an old bun and it may just be that he's nearly worn out :(

Last edited:
Oh no:( fingers and paws crossed, Bobby would send hugs but she is a little delicate after her spay, so she said she will owe you one:love:

Awww, thank you everyone and everybun!
Squidgy says when he feels better, he'll pose for some pawsome photos for you all :love::love::love:

thank you.
Well, he's been chasing round the room this afternoon, and 'helping' me with my sewing. It's very sweet at the moment, as he wants to be around us and have lots of cuddles.
We keep saying it's love that's kept him going all this time!

Well, we were quite concerned last weekend that we would maybe have to make that decision about our little man, but I'm pleased to say that he has really perked up this week and is eating and pooping loads!
His meds have been reduced to just metacam and fibreplex now, and he's gained a little weight, so we're sooooo happy :D:D:D:D
Hopefully he'll keep this up.

Back