• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ruby's eye

Candiflare

Mama Doe
I got Ralph and Ruby back last night from my parents after I'd been in hospital and I've come down this morning to find one of Ruby's eyes looking glassy and half open. She looks "ill" one side of her face, but the other eye is bright as a button.

I've just looked more closely and it's also watery and gungey.

She had her teeth checked 2 weeks ago and all is fine.

Is this serious? What should I do?

:wave: Liz and Emma, thanks very much, really helpful. Well I've bathed it and it's still a bit red and closed but the gunkiness has dried and doesn't seem to be coming back yet. The reason I was concerned was because she looked really ill in that eye, and I'm so used to her being bright as a button. Also she'd been at my parents and the buns just seemed different when they got back - their poos were tiny, so I don't think my parents gave them enough hay. ANYWAY, it could just have been an irritant or a knock she received while she was there.

Will keep checking to see whether it comes back and if it does I'll take her to the vets.

Thanks for writing guys... she seems fine today. It was so weird, her eye looked so "ill" yesterday, but today it's just all cleared up. So bizarre. I suppose it could have just been the change of going from my parents house back to mine.

Back