• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grunting noise - why?

LolasMummy

Mama Doe
Hi,

Our new bun Milo makes a funny grunty noise.

He doesnt have a cold, is eating etc etc Perfectly healthy.

Is this normal? We have never had a rabbit that has made a noise before?

The noise isnt all the time just if you do something or he thinks your about to do something he doesnt like (like being picked up or his fresh food not being given quick enough). He doesnt follow through with a bite or anything.

Last night he was anoyed that i picked him up to put him away so grunted, then continured to grunt whilst he ate his food but then soon stopped.

Are some rabbits just vocal?

My bunnies can all grunt/swear if something means they're not getting their own way. :shock: I had my youngest bunny stand with his nose pressed against the back door grumbling and grunting because I was refusing to pick him up and take him to see the five outdoor bunnies in the garage. I think they're just very bossy little creatures with firm ideas over what they should get and when, and if we're too slow on the uptake or refuse, they want to let us know. :lol:

Beau is a grunter! Uusally in the mornings, he's like his mummy - grumpy in the mornings! He's also possessive about food, so if you go in his pen when there's food in it, he will lunge and grunt! :roll:

Cool i will stop worrying then!

Its very strange hearing any noise - Lola has never made any noise and neither did Desmond.

think as Milo settles in his personality is coming out!

My bunnies can all grunt/swear if something means they're not getting their own way. :shock: I had my youngest bunny stand with his nose pressed against the back door grumbling and grunting because I was refusing to pick him up and take him to see the five outdoor bunnies in the garage. I think they're just very bossy little creatures with firm ideas over what they should get and when, and if we're too slow on the uptake or refuse, they want to let us know. :lol:

Swear might be a better way of putting it lol

They are so naughty arent they but oh so cute!!!!

Beau is a grunter! Uusally in the mornings, he's like his mummy - grumpy in the mornings! He's also possessive about food, so if you go in his pen when there's food in it, he will lunge and grunt! :roll:

Mornings would make more sense :lol:

Milo seems to only do it in the evening - i think when he is tired! Grumpy little man.

We have no lunging just swearing! Hope it doesnt turn into lunging!!

I know! :oops: When mine try telling me off, and are naughty with it, I can't even stay mad properly because even grunting noises just make me awww at them.

Although when I'm trying to catch them and they're cursing away at me whilst kicking out with their back feed and scratching my wrists I swear right back! :lol: I probably accidentally taught them half their bad language. Baaaad bunny mummy.

I know! :oops: When mine try telling me off, and are naughty with it, I can't even stay mad properly because even grunting noises just make me awww at them.

Although when I'm trying to catch them and they're cursing away at me whilst kicking out with their back feed and scratching my wrists I swear right back! :lol: I probably accidentally taught them half their bad language. Baaaad bunny mummy.

I think he sounds cute! :oops:

Must remeber never to swear near him and maybe he will forget the words! But i also tend to be cursing when he decides to scratch me to pieces when i put him away lol

We are bad bunny mummys arent we :love::love:

Back