• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on scratching/digging & weeing

kgattrell

Alpha Buck
Just wondered if anyone has any advice...

Before Ellie and Fudge were bonded Ellie would go in her hutch (even though she has a full double bedroom to themselves) and just scratch constantly, she stopped after I bonded them.

Lately though she has started again and has even started weeing in her hutch on her blanket which she never did before. They both use either their littler tray or their hay trays (which I know isn't ideal but better than my carpet)

How can I stop her from weeing in her hutch and why does she scratch/dig...

I would try moving a tray to her hutch for a while or adding a new one. Once she's back in the habit of always going in a tray you can reduce them again.

Try adding some new activities. It might be she was a bit bored, the bonding gave her something new to occupy her time but now they've settled back in to the routine she needs new challenges :)

I have tried putting a litter tray in her hutch but she just tips it over and empties it, it's a high corner type..

With regards to activities I change her toys over every three/four days and re-arrange the tunnels in their room, what else can I try as I don't want a bored unhappy bunny..

Did I mention she's so cute :love: when she sleeps so she's not all bad :lol::lol:

:lol: yep they are very cute, when asleep!

Try things involving food eg a treat ball, hiding/scattering the veg etc. If they get a lot of pellets, cutting down these can help as that means more time spent eating hay. As she's digging you could also try a box filled with digging material.

Has she got any urinary problems?Barley digs more when shes got cystitis & her litter training goes to pot then too.

Back