• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Escapee!

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
Paddy has just jumped out of his NIC pen which is 3 grids high - 3.5ft!!! :shock:

I hadn't got any more nic grids to make it higher so I'm going to have to fudge something together until I can get some more :roll:

as an instant emergency fence repair

use expanding trellis (a couple of quid from wilkinsons , poundstretcher or a garden centre like B and Q) covered with a sheet or towel and attach the trellis with twist ties/string to the top of the fence(so they don't get out through the gaps). If the panel is in the centre of a row you will also need sticks of some sort at the sides, to keep the panel upright with the trellis- long wooden spoons would do.

hope this helps - sue:wave:

and I would consider 4ft a minimum fence height -some rabbits will clear more depending on size and their age.

Last edited:
Oh dear, naughty Paddy :no:

I used to have this problem with Daisy when she lived in the living room. She'd leap out of her pen and I'd find her flopped out on the sofa every morning :lol: I just left the door open in the end!

Oreo does this too - must be a man thing!!

I have a constant cover on mine (sheet pegged over the top)! He still tries though bless him :roll:

Well, not long after starting this thread, he decided to jump over the pen into Jose and rainbows side :shock: there was fur and sprayed wee everywhere!

I've checked them all over and they're fine :)

Oh no :shock:

Glad they're all ok! Definitely need to get creative with some trellis / sheets etc then to keep them apart.

Bunnies eh? Gotta love them :lol:

they're nightmares! :lol:

To be honest, i didnt think Paddy had it in him to jump that high, he's a right dope and spends most of his time chilling :roll:

I'll have to peg a sheet over the top until i can get some trellis or something similar

Back