• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Love is in the air, buzz and jessie(windmill)

spudsmummy

Warren Scout
Well i think they are happy together.
here are some photos for you :)

indoors yesterday morning eating a weatabix
buzzjessie02018.jpg

buzzjessie02020.jpg

outside today
excuse my son, he loves his bunny buns :D
buzzjessie02027.jpg

buzzjessie02030.jpg

buzzjessie02024.jpg

Awwww they are lovely:love: Your little boy is cute aswell.

I noticed they were eating a whole weetabix, not sure if you know but, cereals like that aren't all that good for your bunnies, I think if it were once in a blue moon so to speak it might be OK but, I found a link recently and was surprised myself that actually long term they might not do the bun any favours. Here is the bit relating to cereals

DON'T FEED POTENTIALLY HARMFUL "TREATS"
Remember: a rabbit is a lagomorph, not a rodent or a primate. The rabbit digestive tract is physiologically more similar to that of a horse than to that of a rodent or primate, and the intestine and related organs can suffer from an overindulgence in starchy, fatty foods.
NEVER feed your rabbit commercial "gourmet" or "treat" mixes filled with dried fruit, nuts and seeds. These may be safe for a bird or hamster--BUT THEY ARE NOT PROPER FOOD FOR A RABBIT. The sole function of "rabbit gourmet treats" is to lighten your wallet. If the manufacturers of "gourmet rabbit treats" truly cared about your rabbit's health and longevity, they would not market such products.
Don't feed your rabbit cookies, crackers, nuts, seeds, breakfast cereals (including oatmeal) or "high fiber" cereals. They may be high fiber for you, but not for your herbivorous rabbit, who's far better able to completely digest celluose ("dietary fiber") than you are. Fed to a rabbit, the high fat and simple carbohydrate content of "naughty foods" may contribute to fatty liver disease, cecal dysbiosis, obesity, and otherwise cause health problems.

Food for thought I think - pardon the pun :roll::lol::lol:

aww gorgeous pair - i remmeber looking at windmill alot when she needed a home - im glad she has gone somewhere nice :love:

Awwww they are lovely:love: Your little boy is cute aswell.

I noticed they were eating a whole weetabix, not sure if you know but, cereals like that aren't all that good for your bunnies, I think if it were once in a blue moon so to speak it might be OK but, I found a link recently and was surprised myself that actually long term they might not do the bun any favours. Here is the bit relating to cereals

DON'T FEED POTENTIALLY HARMFUL "TREATS"
Remember: a rabbit is a lagomorph, not a rodent or a primate. The rabbit digestive tract is physiologically more similar to that of a horse than to that of a rodent or primate, and the intestine and related organs can suffer from an overindulgence in starchy, fatty foods.
NEVER feed your rabbit commercial "gourmet" or "treat" mixes filled with dried fruit, nuts and seeds. These may be safe for a bird or hamster--BUT THEY ARE NOT PROPER FOOD FOR A RABBIT. The sole function of "rabbit gourmet treats" is to lighten your wallet. If the manufacturers of "gourmet rabbit treats" truly cared about your rabbit's health and longevity, they would not market such products.
Don't feed your rabbit cookies, crackers, nuts, seeds, breakfast cereals (including oatmeal) or "high fiber" cereals. They may be high fiber for you, but not for your herbivorous rabbit, who's far better able to completely digest celluose ("dietary fiber") than you are. Fed to a rabbit, the high fat and simple carbohydrate content of "naughty foods" may contribute to fatty liver disease, cecal dysbiosis, obesity, and otherwise cause health problems.

Food for thought I think - pardon the pun :roll::lol::lol:

In fact it was less then half a weetabix between them and they only get them once in a blue moon but as they had been so nice to each other and bonded so nicely and quickly i thought it would be nice for them. But thanks for the info!

Gorgeous bunnies! What a good boy your son is! :love:
I would be very proud to have raised a child who is so good with animals.

They look so happy together! :love: xx

Your son is lovely, bless him!! What a cheeky grin! :D x

Congrats on what looks to be a very successful bonding, bless 'em!

Back