• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i swear elizebeth and i are gonna fall out ....

areia

Wise Old Thumper
................. if she keeps ringing that darn bell:evil:

ok ok this be our routine everynight goes like this and they all know when im getting ready for bed, I get up put kettle on, for my peppermint tea, drink the god awful iron stuff i have to take, * bell starts ringing * :roll: so i acknowledge her with a "yes i know beth im coming "

silence........... then frantic bell ringing, obviously im not moving fast enough, biggles starts chewing bars in other room, he's heard her bell,

Their bottles both get done, then i get my hot water bottles do my bit in the bathroom etc ( i'm trying to get this bit done by the time the kettles boiled )

bottles replaced, bell thrown in bowl followed by pleding look, doc finnnnally cottons on, ( i swear 90p short of a pound sometimes ) both giving the " we iz starvingggggggssssss " ( they were fed at 6 ) massive handfulls of hay grabbed for the night,

now normaly this is enough for bigs and carrie not for lil miss swan, she has to push it, the bliming bell will keep ringing until some form of "proper" food is put in that bowl,

this happens everynight, but I love her and no I prolly wont take the bell off her either, :roll:

aawwww. Since Hayden has been ill the buns have been living in the living room instead of the utility room as it is warmer.
When I have to get up in morning to give Hayden her meds I usually nip to the loo first :lol: well thats it, they have heard me so all I get is them rattling things and generally being noisy until i come down. It makes me laugh :lol::lol: You have to admit, it's nice to be wanted (even if its just for food :lol::lol:)

Sounds likes she using it as a servants/hotel bell to ring for her bunny mummy slave :lol::lol: Bunnies are so clever.

As a "rabbit servant", I belive that the correct reply is, "You rang, Madam" and to curtsey or bow when you deliver the food.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=203140

evidence of miss swans intelligence

wasting time giving a cursty will most likely ensue cage rattling all manners go out the window once door is open, its gimme gimme gimme :lol::lol:

buns may have no concept of actual time, they know when feeding time is, and even greet my OH on a sunday with extra mooching because hes the extra treat man, as hes does the the sunday roast which = lots of veg :lol:

then it even goes as far as hearing the chopping in the kitchen, they know.

Oliver has a cat toy, its a ball with a bell in it all night I can hear him lifting it in his teeth, dropping it and rolling it :roll::lol:

On the second vid you can see her ears hone into the sound of the pellets rattling - she's a determined bunny!!

Dylan scrats at the bottom of his crate as soon as he he's me stirring in the morning. If I ignore him, he shuts up.

My friend's bunny lobs his food dish if the food doesn't meet his standards. If there's no carrot, then bye bye dish! Even if it's full of pellets, then the dish goes flying!

On the second vid you can see her ears hone into the sound of the pellets rattling - she's a determined bunny!!

oh yer those ears are radar, i can be on the phone to my mum mention her name i see her pricked ears before anything else:lol:

They're such cheeky and impatient little creatures aren't they! Timmy will wait by my bed in the mornings until I get up, then he'll follow me to the bathroom and run around my feet while Im on the loo, then follow me into the kitchen and run round me whilst I make their breakfast salad!! The amount of times I've tripped over him!

Back