• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

breeding??

dbreeze90

New Kit
can anyone tell me what colour the kits would be if i bred a blue fox with a albino? brindle? or is one of the colours recessive??

many thanks.:D

No idea - most people on here are anti-breeding and pro-neutering and rescue, so you're unlikely to get a terribly helpful response.

Why do you want to breed them anyway?

I don't think many people on here will be able to help you. There aren't many breeder's on here, and they breed more for temperament than colour.

The only thing I can tell you is that if you're adamant that you want to breed then you should only breed two buns of the same breed, and you should know their family lines at least 5 generations back (All who should have a complete clean bill of health, and free of dental problems.)

You need to have the space to split the bucks and does up when they reach 8/10 weeks, and have to have the money, space and time to look after up to 7 buns, if you can't sell any. That's a few hundred pounds a year on jabs alone.

If you want to breed on a whim then please reconsider it. It's incredibly hard to breed, and there are usually casualties, as they're such delicate creatures. It should only be done by people who know what they're doing. There are over 33,000 buns in rescues....you don't want to add to that number! There is no money to be made from breeding.
:)

can anyone tell me what colour the kits would be if i bred a blue fox with a albino? brindle? or is one of the colours recessive??

many thanks.:D

Assuming you know that they aren't related and have suitable accomodation for all the kits and the doe and buck and homes lined up for the kits, quite frankly who cares what colour they are as long as they are healthy?

Just a feeling, could be wrong but, new kit asking a breeding question and responded by PM by a Mod on another forum???????????

Just a feeling, could be wrong but, new kit asking a breeding question and responded by PM by a Mod on another forum???????????

Everyone starts out a new kit.;) She's not really showing a trolling behaviour, just asking a question. Demismith knows that this is a pro rescue forum and so pm'ed her so there wasn't an argument about breeding.:) I don't know anything about another forum.

Everyone starts out a new kit.;) She's not really showing a trolling behaviour, just asking a question. Demismith knows that this is a pro rescue forum and so pm'ed her so there wasn't an argument about breeding.:) I don't know anything about another forum.

I agree, I have said I could be wrong, just seems a coincidence that Demismith happened to be online and we don't usually get no introductions and direct breeding questions - or maybe we do.:? Demismith is a mod on Goldenbunnies I think its called:)

Back