• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flynn is really unwell - U/D pg 5 post 45 - he just told me he is not ready

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
:(

Last night he had a little wobble on his legs when we popped him down after his meds. He can be unsteady after his EC paralysis, and he had an appointment at the vet today at 2:40 as his antobiotics for his ear abscess were running out.

But this morning he hadn't eaten supper and he was very wobbly. Rushed him to the vet and he has a lump on his ear where the abscess was before :(. He also has a little spur. We agreed to leave him at the vet to get a dental, fluids and various other meds for his tummy and pain relief. He is also getting a needle stuck in the ear to see what comes out.

If the abscess has returned we have really ran out of options :cry:. Im very scared for him and i cant bear to lose him :cry:. I left the vet in tears (a frequent occurance when it comes to Flynn :oops:). He is such a good boy, so brave and strong, and i love him more than anything.

Please send vibes for my special boy. Thank you.

Last edited:
Poor Flynn. He's been through so much already - I really hope it's nothing too serious and he's up and well again soon. :love::love: Lots of vibes for the lovely Flynn. xxx

From one sick bunnys mummy to another sick bunnys mummy hang on in there!!!!!!! Sending vibes!!!:wave:

Thank you all for the kind messages and vibes.

Flynn has a small spur burred down, it was tiny though.
And, i am devastated to say, the abscess has came back :cry:. It really looks like we are onto symptom control for as long as Flynn is happy, and praying for a miracle. I can go and get him at 3:30, he has meds to get, but they didn't say what on the phone. Truth be told, i was not expecting Flynn to come home, so devastated as i am by the news, at least i know we will still have a few days/weeks/dare i say months together.

We think the wobble is due to his ear, not to do with the EC, so thats a bonus too, as he really doesn't need a reccurance of EC along with everything else.

Please keep the vibes coming for me wee boy, thank you. Here is a picture of his cheeky face, maybe it will help the vibes?

DSCF0295.jpg

Awww...his tufty little face :love:
I'm so sorry his abcess has come back. fingers crossec you'll be able to keep him happy for many years to come.

Thank you for all the kind messages and vibes.

Flynn is home now, although he is very woozy from the anaesthetic. He is comfy though, nice clean vet bed and a rolled towel for a pillow, as he likes to rest his head on stuff. He is back on pain relief (which he loves so he will be pleased), has been given more baytril and flagyl-s. I am hoping the combination of antibiotic will help.

My special wee boy is home though, and thats what matters :love:

Thanks Nicki and Karen

Flynn is not doing so well. He is still wobbly and sleepy, refusing to eat or drink and not pooping. I have syringe fed and watered, and given metaclop and pain relief. He is currently resting, and i am spending the night on the couch to be with him. I am extremely worried :(

Is Flynn doing any better now ?

I guess with all his problems it'll take a good 48 hours for him to get over the GA.

Do you think some SQ fluid therapy might help support his renal function whilst he is in recovery ?

He is still really unwell Jane.

I am getting my hubby to take him to vet for SQ fluid. I have to work all day and night, which is awful as i want to be here with Flynn. Scott is half day, so he wont be totally alone.

I have given him metaclop and metacam, but all he has eaten is a circle of carrot :(. Just about to syringe more food and water.

He is still really unwell Jane.

I am getting my hubby to take him to vet for SQ fluid. I have to work all day and night, which is awful as i want to be here with Flynn. Scott is half day, so he wont be totally alone.

I have given him metaclop and metacam, but all he has eaten is a circle of carrot :(. Just about to syringe more food and water.

It's really really early days yet. He has lots of problems which will make his recovery protracted. In my experience fluid therapy can make alot of difference as can an external heat source such as a heat lamp or incubator.
Also, I expect he has one heck of an earache/headache. Imagin having dental treatment when you already have an ear infection. Ear pain sort of radiates all down your jaw and in your head. So any juddering about of your teeth (from a dental burr etc) will set all the nerves jangling.

I know how much Flynn means to you and I truely hope he can pull through this xx

Back