• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you buy these?

:wave:

Hi,

I was being nosy and looked at the recommended link to ebay. The seller also sells apple, hazel, willow and raspberry sticks. Can rabbits have all of these?

You can buy these in PAH. They do look fesh - though I think I read somewhere that seasoned wood is actually better for them - but I'd be a bit worried about pesticides. Nice little earner though - free wood and over-charge on the postage.

Forgot to ask if you got the hazel I sent you?:lol:

Is there a park or woodland near you? Do you know what Hazel etc looks like, because you could post pics of tree leaves on here and we could help you id them. Otherwise I could send you some more hazel:)

Forgot to ask if you got the hazel I sent you?:lol:

Is there a park or woodland near you? Do you know what Hazel etc looks like, because you could post pics of tree leaves on here and we could help you id them. Otherwise I could send you some more hazel:)

Yeah they loved it thank you - especially the little thin twigs!

I dont live near any woods I dont think :( If you could send me some more that would be great thanks :D (I'll paypal you some postage money or send a cheque)

Hi,

I was being nosy and looked at the recommended link to ebay. The seller also sells apple, hazel, willow and raspberry sticks. Can rabbits have all of these?

I get apple hazel and willow. She didn't have the raspberry, but it is fafe for bunnies, although I would make sure it is a thornless variety

Yeah they loved it thank you - especially the little thin twigs!

I dont live near any woods I dont think :( If you could send me some more that would be great thanks :D (I'll paypal you some postage money or send a cheque)

OK will send them some more next week. The twigs are just budding now so they will love them:)

Hi,

Yes they can. Theoretically we need to be careful they don't eat alot of willow or know that it has a low salicylic acid content. They can also eat the leaves as added fiber.

BUT I get my own with permission to ensure they aren't covered with dust from traffic fumes or treated with pesticides.

Yes they can. Theoretically we need to be careful they don't eat alot of willow or know that it has a low salicylic acid content. They can also eat the leaves as added fiber.

BUT I get my own with permission to ensure they aren't covered with dust from traffic fumes or treated with pesticides.

This confuses me. I have never given Willow as my Mum told me it has aspirin in it. Is this what you mean by salicylic acid? Or is it Birch? I just stick with Hazel.

This confuses me. I have never given Willow as my Mum told me it has aspirin in it. Is this what you mean by salicylic acid? Or is it Birch? I just stick with Hazel.

Yes, salicylic acid is as near to aspirin as doesn't matter.
Before modern medicines, folk used to strip the bark, & make a poultice to be put on swollen joints etc. for the aspirin effect.
There are many different species of Willow & some have more aspirin in them than others.

Like you, I don't give my bun willow because he strips & eats bark for additional fiber. That said, I've found no hard evidence of it being harmful to buns as sold commercially. There are a few instances of buns suddenly devoring willow toys, & they are soon found to have a painful illness.

Back