• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

should I get a second bun?

lauramc888

Warren Scout
I had two lop eared gorgeous sister buns, but unfortunately my wee salty bum went to the bridge on the 3rd of January this year :cry::cry: Now its been a while I am really thinking of getting a male bun to go with Pepper. Shes a very independent bun but Ive had her in the house the last few days because of the cold, but I hate the thought when shes back in her shed that shes all alone. I am trying to convince my fiance but Im also a little scared too! Advice? and where should I go? If possible it would be great to get somewhere who will bond the buns for me because I couldnt handle taking a new bunny home and them fighting and dont have enough money to buy another shed!

Yep deffinately another. Find your local rescue (people on here will tell you where it is) and give them a call. There are so many desperate for homes. You could even take your bun with you and she can pic her own husbun she might fall in love :love: at first sight and then you wont have to worry about the bonding or fighting. The rescue will sort out the bonding as well if she doesn't fall in love.

thanks guys!! I think Im only scared incase Pepper doesnt get on with the new bun, hence why Id like someone to bond them first. Buuuuut I have saw Gus at fife on the websiteand he is gorgeous! I need to work on my fiance! He thinks Peppers fine and I think she is, but still like the thought of her having a pal again. Im going to try persaude him tonight!

Rabbits are social animals, therefor they are better off in pairs/groups.
I think finding her a new friend if a great idea!

Maybe visit your local rescue/s and take alook at their bunnies.

Goodluck with finding her a friend and persuading your O/H :wave:

ive just sent my fiance a text from work saying I want another bun and am going to phone up fife rabbit rescue tomorrow :D will see what he says when I get in.

Gus is wonderful. I had him with me for a week trying to bond him with one of my girls, but it didn't work, he is a smashing bunny though :love:.

Im glad your going to give FRR a phone Laura :D

did it not work out with your girl bun and gus?

Ill phone Kareen tomorrow.

What do I say? lol! Would I just take Pepper up and leave her for a few days to let her bond? Does Kareen let you just go up and have a look at the bunnies? I sent Kareen an email a week ago or so, but havent heard from her. I know shes a busy woman though.

I guarantee Ill end up slavering on phone, I always think too fast before the words can come out sensibly lol.

No, they didn't like each other at all sadly. Holly (my girl) is very highly strung, and Gus is very lively, so their personalities seemed to clash. He is a brilliant boy though, i would have loved to keep him. He is such a binky bun.

Probably best to get Kareen on the phone, as she can find it hard to find time to email. She usually goes for the "speed bonding" approach, however, if a bond is difficult she can keep the buns for a few days to help them bond. You would be able to organise a time to bring Pepper up to meet some boys, or reserve one. If Pepper does not like the boy reserved, then you can try her with a different suiter who is in the rescue.

Back