• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

local newspaper

cooldarls

Alpha Buck
Reading an article in my local newspaper, there are people going into people's houses and gardens in my area and taking the pets. There is no way they could take bramble as he would fight them the whole way, unless they have food :lol:

There was one person they were talking to and he said that people with animals need to go and get them micro chipped! have my dog chipped but you couldn't do it too a rabbit could you?

How can I make sure my bunnies are secure, they are in wooden hutches so if the wantedto get them it would be hard. My hutches have padlocks on them as my baby nephew is staying with us and when in the garden will go and open hutches and leave them open so when the bunnies come in from there runs they come straight through the hutch into the garden. He thinks its great as bramble will flop on him and lie there for ages but its not good when no one around and he has opened them. Anyhoo now i have digressed from my topic!!!!!!

Cant beleive there are people out there who would go and steal peoples pets, why are they doing it and what are they doing with the pets, its a scary thought :shock:

Yes you can get your rabbits microchipped. All four of mine are chipped, it just gives you a bit more piece of mind. It's unlikely to be used but if your rabbit goes missing it still gives you a little bit better chance of getting them back.

As for securing them outside, yes, padlocks are the way to go. Use proper secure hasp and staple type latches or breton bolts and big padlocks to discourage anyone who might try and steal them.

Some of these kidnapped animals may be being used as bait for people training dogs for fighting :evil:

Back