• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes please UD Back from vets

Loula

Mama Doe
Bella's not a happy bunny :cry::cry::cry:

She's refusing food this morning and her poos aren't formed properly. She's not being her usual naughty self, and is just lying on her bed. I've tried getting her to run around, and been giving gentle tummy rums but she's getting cross with me and moving away. She's even refused porridge and fenugreek crunchies (her two favourite things) :cry::cry::cry:

The earliest appointment I can get her is 3.30pm this afternoon.

Any suggestions of what to do before then?

Last edited:
:( Sending lots of vibes x

Perhaps try giving her some greens/herbs... my girl, Belle, refused to eat anything other than rocket after she was spayed, so perhaps try her with her fave veg.

If she's getting cross with you though, I would say to keep an eye on her from a distance, otherwise she may end up getting stressed out even more.

She's nibbled a bit of watercress, but nothing else. I don't want to give her the greens or celery I have in the house as they were new packs yesterday, and while I don't know there is a link I don't want to risk it. She's currently sat surrounded by hay, pellets, porridge, watercress, cucumber, carrot and swede and she'd ignoring it. Which is crazy as she'd have usually nommed up every last bit within minutes. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Poor Bella :(

I think if she's not eating she needs an emergency appointment - I wouldn't wait until 3.30pm if you can possibly arrange something sooner.

Millions of vibes for your beautiful girl.

I've tried ringing again but they say it's the earliest they have free. My mum suggested going down now and just wait in case they can get us in sooner but I don't want to stress Bells out more by making her wait in a strange place for too long, especially if we'd have to wait til 3.30 anyway.

She's eaten a couple of handfuls of watercress that I've soaked to try and get some more fluid in to her, but there's been no poo since around 8am :(

She's never had any problems like this before so I'm completely beside myself with worry. I don't know how people cope with this on a more regular basis.

I've tried ringing again but they say it's the earliest they have free. My mum suggested going down now and just wait in case they can get us in sooner but I don't want to stress Bells out more by making her wait in a strange place for too long, especially if we'd have to wait til 3.30 anyway.

She's eaten a couple of handfuls of watercress that I've soaked to try and get some more fluid in to her, but there's been no poo since around 8am :(

She's never had any problems like this before so I'm completely beside myself with worry. I don't know how people cope with this on a more regular basis.

Ring another vets,mine will see me anytime but you might have to pay more if its classed as an emergency,When one of mine was ill they didnt have any actual appointments because they were full,but i went in as an emergency

Awwww, ikwym - Alfie had never had any problems before and when he stopped eating a couple of weeks back I completely freaked. We must be a pair of wimps. ;)

I would just keep tempting her with lots of different things I think, in the hope that she'll eat at least some of them. Sending lots more vibes. xx

Oh no, what a nightmare with the vets :(

It's good she's eaten some watercress. Hopefully she'll nibble a bit more between now and the appointment.

It's not the best time to try out a new vet if you don't know how rabbit savvy they are, but at the same time not good having to wait so long. I don't know what I'd do in this situation - both times Jester has stopped eating it was in the evening and he was taken straight away to the emergency vet.

Sending loads more vibes.

Well she's eaten more watercress and about an inch of carrot. And done some very very stinky poo. She's started chewing my shoe, which is a good thing :lol: She also got up very suddenly, jumped on the sofa, licked my head, then went back to chewing my shoe. I'm hoping she's feeling a little better.

We're back from the vets :wave:

She's had sub cut fluids, metaclop, baytril and metacam, and I've got some recovery feed for this evening. The vet said she felt very gassy, and that her tummy felt quite empty but couldn't feel any blockages. Her teeth, eyes, ears and temperature were all fine.

She's still very quiet but as soon as we got home she jumped in her litter tray had a wee and nommed some hay :) but nothing else.

I'm on poo watch now and she's back at the vets in the morning.

Back