• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do i know what breed he is?

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
I was sold sebastian as a Netherland Dwarf Rabbit, so i was googling them and he looks NOTHING like them :( or the one thats in Pets@home atm!

Anyone have an idea what he is?
oub492.jpg

I have more piccys if it will help :)

I'm not great at identifying most breeds, especially as babies, but I do know that there can be a lot of variation in breeds. A show nethie looks very different to your average pet nethie.

Pet shops are often not very knowledgable about bunnies so may just have had a guess (pet shops mostly have crossbreeds in my experience too).

He looks like a small breed bunny so it may be that he is a nethie :)

Myself, I'm not too bothered about what breeds my bunnies are so long as they're happy and healthy :wave:

would that mean he wont stay tidgy? (although thats fine, if he moves outside im'a buy he a real friend not just his toy bun :D :p )

how old is he?
if he is young then yes he could be a nethie...its not uncommon for pet nethies to have longer ears.
he also may grow into them, netherlands go through a stage when they are little when it looks like they will never grow into thier ears!:lol:

I will say the exact same as I said on the other thread...
Looks more like a Polish cross than a nethie to me but don't take my word for it as I don't have much experience with either breeds. There is usually a huge difference in looks between 'show bred' and 'pet bred', like the enourmous 'mini lops' with pointy faces you find in pet shops.

Looks more like a Polish cross than a nethie to me but don't take my word for it as I don't have much experience with either breeds. There is usually a huge difference in looks between 'show bred' and 'pet bred', like the enourmous 'mini lops' with pointy faces you find in pet shops.

by 'pointy faces' do you mean 'not excessively brachycephalic so they can breathe, their teeth grow straight and their tearducts drain properly'?? :?

Sorry, dont know what your bun is, i'd hazard a cross x cutie-pie! :lol::lol:

i'd say he looks lie a nethie cross..but im no expert lol. :) He looks like a right little mischief maker though :p

i agree with this :wave::wave:

Back