• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will I need a pet carrier/kennel for my rabbit?

AriaSwan

Warren Scout
I am getting my first rabbit, and she isn't spayed, but I'll be taking her to th vet as soon as possible to get that done. I am buying her a harness to walk her on, but I was wondering, would she need a little kennel to transport her in, or would just me carrying/walking her on her harness work?

Many rabbits don't like harnesses and can escape out of them pretty easily. I would have a pet carrier and only use a harness after lots of practise goes. Using a harness would put the bunny under a lot of stress if she is not used to it.

harnesses are bad in my opinion for many reasons, they are just so dangerous.

However, in a vet scenario i would x that by 100! Dogs etc would be at the surgery too most likely and if she bolted she would get tangled in the harness, so she wouldnt feel protected. Also you need a carry case to take her home in, as a harness on an area thats just been operated on would not be a good idea!

Hope your bunnies spay goes well! :) xxxx

Definitely buy a carrier...you can get them cheap off of ebay.

You can't walk a rabbit on a lead anyways...rabbit walk you ;)

Back