• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does your rabbit respond to eye contact?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Over the last few days I've noticed that if I make eye contact with Skye, she runs up to me with a sort of "Yes, what do you have to say to me?" kind of expression on her face.

I find this really bizarre as none of my five others have done this in the slightest - do yours?

Mine do the face sniffing too or sometimes they just sit and stare back. They also just plain run after me wherever I go!!

Esme does for sure but she's a very inquisitive girl. Eric does if he happens to be awake, thinks I have food for him or just if he wants a nose rub.

It's weird you've posted this.

Yesterday, Calel was looking at me intently - he didn't run over like normal, just sat there staring straight at my eyes. A couple of hours later, he was off his food. Vets appointment last night - he has a blockage.:? He's actually being a little star about his metacam, but still keeps staring at me:?

It's weird you've posted this.

Yesterday, Calel was looking at me intently - he didn't run over like normal, just sat there staring straight at my eyes. A couple of hours later, he was off his food. Vets appointment last night - he has a blockage.:? He's actually being a little star about his metacam, but still keeps staring at me:?

bless him - at least you knew straight away that he was 'odd' tho. hope he's on the mend:)

Sometimes they just stare at me. When I shut them in there hutch at night, I give them a little bit of food in their bowl and then talk to them for a couple of mins; saying good night, telling them to be good boys..etc..etc!!:lol: When I do this they both watch me intently while they eat, I like to imagine they are listening to me!!!

Also Pickle often cocks his head to the side if he's watching me do something, usually when he is sitting at the top of his hutch while he's looking out, in a kind of "what are you up to Mum?" kind of way. So cute!:love:

Back