• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Readigrass?

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
How much, how often?

My lot loved some readigrass but i seemed to stop buying it over winter and was thinking of getting some more again.

I tend to give mine a small handful most days and havent had any problems. I have heard people say its high in calcium but it doesnt say that on the packaging

Mine inhale it I'm sure. :shock: I tend to give them all a fair sized handful every day, especially if they've not been out in the garden on the grass.

Mine have a handful everyday mixed in with other types of hay and it seems fine.:wave:

It isn't particularly high in calcium as it is just dried grass and grass isn't high in calcium.

Artie's vet (FHB) told me to regard anything over 1% as high ie too high for Artie (who has bladder sludge issues) but readigrass is only 0.8% so is fine even for for him.

Mine all love it and get it frequently, it's one of those foods that they start on straight away when it's given :love::love:

I get the Dodson and Horrell 'Just Grass' from the tack store and they have a handful at least daily. :wave:

My 7 have readigrass and recently they've been leaving it :?
The trio get a small handful ontop of their pellets so they can forage and my foursome get a large handful in their dog bowl, for the same reason, to forage.

Back