• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chewing!!!!!! Help!!!!!

lja401

Warren Scout
Noel is chewing the carpet, chairs etc all the time!!!! We have toys for him and have sprayed the stuff with the anti chewing. What else can we do?? Would it help to get him a female friend? He has been neutered.

Thank you,

x

Think I'd consider penning a safe area for him before your house becomes a pile of matchsticks!!!

Oscar has wrecked one of my sofas, but I've penned that off now ~(bit late, I know!), and he digs the corners in the room, but I've put the small cheap mats in the corners which has stopped him.

If he started chewing dining chairs etc then I'd have to pen him in.

Not sure what else you can do!! Hope someone comes along with some good ideas.

Have had a bit of trouble with Polo with chewing, one day which was out of the norm he chewed a hole in the sofa but I am sure it was because it was too close to fish tank cabinet against the wall and he likes to sleep there and I had moved it over a bit so I pretty sure he thought he could chew it away to give him more flop out space. I moved sofa over a bit and he not done it since but as a precaution I did spray it with the anti chew. I also sprayed his furry tunnel with it as he was pulling the fur off it , spraying it has stopped him.

The only chewing he does now is the slats under the bed and he only does this when I have a lay in. As soon as I get up and pay him attention as it impossible to sleep with his knawing he stops.:roll:

I notice any digging or chewing seems to coincide with him being bored or wanting attention like when I sleeping or busy doing something. As soon as I go to him and play with him or have cuddles he stops and doesn't go back to it even if I have to stop cuddling him.

Back