• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roland update.Dental all done!!Hes Home!!

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Hes on a drip.Thats all I know.:shock::shock:
There has been some sort of emergency at the vets.The receptionist has just rang to let me know that Im not being ignored.
They are keeping Roland in overnight.....I hope to get a call later but I have work from 5.30 so I wont be on till when I get in from work at 9.45ish....(split shift).

Last edited:
aww hope he's ok. the drip is a good thing if he's not eating or drinking.

Is Roland underweight? just wondering as your vet wants him to be "stronger" but i dont see how thats possible unless he's too underweight for the op? otherwise it would be better to do the dental now then feed him up afterwards to make him stronger?

hope he feels better soon, when my mowgli was 2years old he was kept in for 2nights, and put on a drip, when i went to collect him he was stamping his feet

Roland has eaten some hay and the drip is to rehydrate him.Ian is gonna ring in the morning.We kept missing each other tonight...hed call while I was on a call to a client....Id ring back and get the emergency vet who told Ian Id called...Ian would call again....and so it went on.:roll:
So,I dont know alot really......Im sure we need to discuss our next move....

will make him even more special to you when he finally binkies for the first time :love::love::love:

so glad you got him, who knows how long he had left if he went unnoticed :(

will make him even more special to you when he finally binkies for the first time :love::love::love:

so glad you got him, who knows how long he had left if he went unnoticed :(

I know.My thoughts exactly.
Just want him home,well and happy and jabbed up to bond with Mrs Bun.
Shes getting impatient!!! Got a spanking brand new cage...HUGE it is... and the little terror is CHEWING IT!!!:lol::shock:

If you ever want a chat then you know where I am!!

Poor little Roly! Bet he's a bit miffed about what's happening!:( Hopefully he's feeling ok from the painkillers.

Just imagine if you hadn't adopted him?...it doesn't bear thinking about! :(:(:(

If you ever want a chat then you know where I am!!

Poor little Roly! Bet he's a bit miffed about what's happening!:( Hopefully he's feeling ok from the painkillers.

Just imagine if you hadn't adopted him?...it doesn't bear thinking about! :(:(:(

Been trying to ring you Hun!!

This morning Roland has chewed through 4 drip lines.Hes eaten 10g of hay...not touched pellets.Nothing from the other end either.
The vet is struggling to get stuff down him ie bio lapis,zantec(??),fibreplas etc.We cant understand why he will eat hay yet nothing else will be consmed.Hay isnt the easiest.
Hes hopping about and lively...
Ian will be investigating further a bit later.Will ring me when hes going to do the op.
Im in pieces....and lucky to be alive myself due to car mishap this morning.Car in garage as we speak.
What the hell is going on right now???? Its all going so very wrong.

sorry you're having such a rotten time - are you ok? what happened with the car?

roland sounds like a feisty little chap. hope you get some good news soon xxx

sorry you're having such a rotten time - are you ok? what happened with the car?

roland sounds like a feisty little chap. hope you get some good news soon xxx

Wheel bearing went...I did an emergency stop without even touching the brake!!!!
Did it several times...even to the guy taking it to the garage.
I ended up on the phone to my boss having kittens.And you know what?? She has got me a car pool car for work so I can work tonight and the rest of the weekend....how nice is she?????????:shock::shock::shock::evil::censored:

Ian isnt anaesthetising Roland today.Still no poop.
Vet nurse said he may be home later (WTF?) if he poops.
I cant fetch him...and explained this....but if he doesnt poop hes staying in.
Thats all I know.

Ian isnt anaesthetising Roland today.Still no poop.
Vet nurse said he may be home later (WTF?) if he poops.
I cant fetch him...and explained this....but if he doesnt poop hes staying in.
Thats all I know.

So when's he having the dental?! :? Surely this is the main thing to get him eating properly? Should he come home before he's had it?

ETA: just read about the car? :shock::shock: Hope you're alright!

Poor little Roly! You must be going out of your mind with worry!

Back