• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies and bathrooms?

casu consulto

Mama Doe
Just curious really.

Those with free ranging house bunnies... Do your bunnies insist on using the bathroom/toilet as their own toilet area too? :? Jack recently 'discovered' the toilet (we have the toilet in a room by itself) and ever since he had been leaving neat piles of poop and then peeing in the corner behind it. So we bought him a second litter tray, and the first thing he does when released of an evening is skip off to use it. So I'm guessing he knows what a toilet is for (he does victory laps around it, I swear), which amuses me...

Anyone else with house bunnies have them insisting on litter trays in the bathroom/toilet?

i havn't noticed this but then our toliet is upstairs in our currant house (they're not allowed upstairs) in our previous flat they avoided the loo (slippery lino) prefering the carpeted living room and hallway.
personaly i'd be paranoid about letting them into the bathroom in case they ended up in the toliet or a bath of hot water or started to lick the bottles of toilet cleaner (which knowing my buns, they would:roll:)

Oh, believe me - I put the toilet lid down to stop him jumping in. He's the kind of rabbit who would hop right in, too. He has to jump onto things, can't seem to resist. And because the toilet has its own little room... it's honestly just a toilet. It's the one room of the house he can't get into too much mischief in, actually.

He's so pleased with himself over it all. He skips off into the bathroom when first 'released', sits in there for a good five or ten minutes, and then runs about being naughty for the rest of the night! Before I got him another litter tray, he'd do a big piddly pee, and because it was on lino-type stuff, he'd end up sat in the puddle and I'd have a damp, pee-smelling over affectionate bundle of a bunny clambering over my lap, up my chest and sitting on my shoulder. It was grosssss. :)

noooooo 2 of mine use it to jump in the laundry basket then nibble holes and poop in it, the lil horrors :roll:

He's apparently decided today that my curtains needed to let more light in. So he chewed a load of holes in them. :roll: Um.

But yay! There has been at least one other bunny to do this...! :lol: Jack will scrabble at the door if anyone dares go in there and closes it for privacy. He wants in so he can hop on his litter tray and have the whole pee-together bonding experience or something.

earlier today, i went to the bathroom closed the door, was about to go to the loo when i saw locksley running around the bathroom :shock: he had followed me in :lol: i swear he thinks he's my shadow

Polo's banned from the bathroom as he is determined to dig his way through the floor to get on the other side of the bath panel so he can have a new den under the bath.

He is allowed in the toilet though, first time he went in their he ripped 3 bog rolls on the holder to pieces but doesn't touch them now.:)

He does like to poo on my mat by the front door though at night and whilst I at work, even though he has a litter tray in the bedroom, hallway next to the door and in his pen in the front room.

Back