• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daisy is passing blood/ It is cancer but she is OK

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(:(

I am hoping it is just a urine infection but given the quantity and the amount of "luck" we have I am fearing the worst :( I feel like I have been hit by a truck :cry:

Daisy is an absolutely gorgeous girl, I couldn't bear for anything to happen to her. Both Steve and I have been sayig for a couple of days there is something not quite right with her :? She was eating and running round the garden but something in her eyes gave it away. I gave her a good check over and couldn't find anything, but once I cleaned her hutch out this morning I found 4 little pools of blood :( I say little, it was enough to scare the life out of me.

She is seeing the vet first thing in the morning. She is happily running round the garden at the moment, her and Dave have a bit of a thing going on through the bars :love:

Please could I have urine infection vibes, if it uterine cancer then that will be the 4th bunny this year :( We couldn't get her neutered straight away due to her weight but were hopeful she would be able to be done in the next month.

Last edited:
Poor Daisy, she was just starting to slim down and feel better for it I bet too. :(:( I'm keeping everything crossed that it's the least serious out of all the options. xx

Poor Daisy, she was just starting to slim down and feel better for it I bet too. :(:( I'm keeping everything crossed that it's the least serious out of all the options. xx

I jokingly said to Steve on Monday that Daisy was loosing weight nicely but knowing our luck it was because she had undiagnosed cancer not because of the good diet and exercise. Wish I had kept my mouth shut now :cry:

Awwww, Liz you weren't to know hun. :( I'd often said that the back door would get Alfie in trouble one day, because he was such a :censored: when he heard it open, and look what happened last week. :roll: These things would have happened, no matter what either of us said.

I know the feeling Liz, i've often thought somebody wasn't quite right- but once at the vet nothing could be found, especially when you say
' I'm not sure what's wrong, but they aren't quite right'.

I hope it is just an infection, and if it is uterine, it hasn't spread yet.

Louise.

I know the feeling Liz, i've often thought somebody wasn't quite right- but once at the vet nothing could be found, especially when you say
' I'm not sure what's wrong, but they aren't quite right'.

I hope it is just an infection, and if it is uterine, it hasn't spread yet.

Louise.

I sent Larry up last saturday as " something wasn't quite right" and as I suspected the vet found nothing and he has been fine ever since :roll:

At least now I have something definate to tell the vet about Daisy. If it is bad news I am dreading telling her owner :(

Back