• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Calling all rescues - looking for a girlfriend for my grieving boy bunny!

Hi

I had a pair of bonded male bunnies (brothers) but unfortunately the one bunny has died. This has left me with a very sad, grieving bunny who's in desperate need for some companionship and bunny snuggles! :love: I've been calling around all the rescue centres in my area but they only appear to have bonded bunnies at the moment, so I'm really hoping that one of you may be able to help.

Blackjack is neutered and vaccinated so I would ideally like a female who's also neutered and vaccinated if at all possible. He's a small to medium size, approximately 14 months old, and is a very handsome little grey and white boy. He's slightly cautious of humans but his incurable nosiness always gets the better of him and then he absolutely has to check out what you're doing! He's not happy with being picked up but is more than happy for a noserub. I've never seen any sign of aggression from him so I think he'd make friends with just about any bun.

He's definately an outdoor bunny and he's currently living in a bit of a mansion (courtesy of my enthusiastic DIYer of a husband!) - the bottom level (which is connected to a 6x4 run, also including a summer house!) is 6x2 with a top level of 4x2, so you know that any rabbit you can recommend will have plenty of space to move around.

He's really a lovely rabbit who'd make a fab hubby and it breaks my heart to see him looking so down. If I can't find him a girlfriend to take his mind off his worries then I may be forced to get him rehomed just so I know he'll be happy in company and I so don't want to do that!:cry:

Please help my poor little boy if you can!

Nicola

:wave: so sorry to hear about the death of bunny,

Have you looked on Rabbit rehome on this site?

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/search_form.asp - you can search for single girls - there are quite a few on there at the mo! Lovely bunnies :love:

Im sure it wont come to you having to rehome him - this is def the place to be to find a suitable girlfriend!!

Good luck and I so hope whoever you chose will cheers him up :D Im sure she will!

Where are you based?

Sorry - I meant to mention that! I live in the Rhondda Valleys in Wales which seems to be a problem as I've noticed that most of the rabbits on here are based in England. I'm happy to travel but I'm a bit limited in this as I'm heavily pregnant!:roll:

So sorry to hear about your bunny :(

Many of the rescues on here rehome nationally, and arrange bunny runs to get the new bunny to you :) Have you had a look in the Rabbits in Need section of the forum, or as mentioned RR is good as you can search through hundreds of bunnies :)

I hope you are able to find a wifey for your boy :love:

dont worry too much about distance(though obviosuly you may need some help if you have never bonded before) we can arrange bunny runs many of us will forma chain of people driving part of the way to get teh new bunny to you x

Back