• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunnies bedroom

CDW

Warren Scout
Here are some photos of my two bunnies bedroom. I would appreciate your comments - if you think it's not a good set up - please let me know. I got Ebony and Faith when they were eight weeks old (they are sisters). They started fighting after two weeks. We emptied out our spare room and separated it with a puppy pen so they have half each. We've now had Faith spayed and are hoping to get Ebony done sometime in the next two weeks (I just need to wait on payday first!). After that, we are hoping that we can reintroduce them. I'm hoping they have a bit of a bond as they have never actually been fully separated except for when Faith was spayed. Sometimes they lie next to each other at the bars and they do groom each other through the bars (although they occasionally box and nip each other too!). Anyway, please let me know what you think of their room. Do they have enough space each? Have they got enough stimulation? Have I got too much clutter lying down in their space? I give them as much time to run freely as I can each day. Currently they are indoors full time. I only have a tiny wee bit of grass outside and I'm not sure how safe it is as we get loads of cats coming in the garden.

Top half of Ebony's space:
S1051391.jpg

Bottom half of Ebony's space:
S1051392.jpg

Top half of Faiths space:
S1051393.jpg

S1051395.jpg

View of the top half of the room with the pen separating:
S1051394.jpg

The cages are tiny so are only used as a litter/hay tray - they are never ever locked in them.

I think they are great, the only things I would do differently is cover the floor with lino (over the top of the carpet) I would also put their food and water bowls over to one side (next to the bars on either side would be good so they see they are fed together and it's the same etc and they get used to eating side by side) Other than that I think its really nice, don't be too surprised if one jumps into the other's pen though, they have enough room to do a run up and hop over. I know both my bunnies could clear that no probs. They are very cute bunnies too :love: I suspect you have just hoovered in there - either that or you have the tidiest bunnies on RU, my indoor bun's enclosure looks clean and tidy for about 10 minutes then he is on a mission to scatter as much hay around and move everything around where he wants it:lol:

I think they are great, the only things I would do differently is cover the floor with lino (over the top of the carpet) I would also put their food and water bowls over to one side (next to the bars on either side would be good so they see they are fed together and it's the same etc and they get used to eating side by side) Other than that I think its really nice, don't be too surprised if one jumps into the other's pen though, they have enough room to do a run up and hop over. I know both my bunnies could clear that no probs. They are very cute bunnies too :love: I suspect you have just hoovered in there - either that or you have the tidiest bunnies on RU, my indoor bun's enclosure looks clean and tidy for about 10 minutes then he is on a mission to scatter as much hay around and move everything around where he wants it:lol:

Thank you for that. That's a good idea about the bowls - I'll move them. If i got lino, would it lie okay over the carpet or would I have to tack it down somehow? I'd love to do that cause it would make it easier to sweep up - currently sweeping up the hay and droppings is hard!!!

Yes, you guessed it - I've been wanting to post photos of their room for a few days but I waited until today after my partner had given the room a good hoovering and their houses were all cleaned out so it's nice and clean :lol:

Thank you, I appreciate you having a wee look.

Ps, they've been living in that set up for about six months - and touch wood, they've not jumped over yet. Hopefully that continues!! There's one bit where I've put a bit cardboard up where I thought they might jump. They have managed to move the pen on a couple of occasions though - I usually have weights sitting on each side just to stop them moving it. On one occasion Ebony got through to her sisters side and they ended up fighting, but so far so good.

hi,i agree with vicki,just put the lino over the carpet! brilliant set-up!
if you dont mind me asking werer did you get the yellow hidey thing?

:wave: you could duct tape it down at the edges or double side the tape underneath to stick it down that way. I would, just because it is easier to clean and I would be worried about chewing, although yours clearly aren't bothering if they have been in there that long and haven't done so yet. I think it's really nice and I'm sure once the other one is spayed and you let them settle down they will bond alright. Fingers crossed for you x

Last edited:
Our original cage was a nero 4, I think. When the buns started fighting we had to rush to pets at home and buy two new temporary cages as a base each. The yellow plastic hidey was in the nero 4 cage and I wanted to recycle it. Ebony is the most timid of the two and I wanted her to have somewhere she could hide (and she does use it). I've just got it leaning on the skirting board and most of the time it stays put - I should really think about securing it though.

Thank you!!

i think it looks great - lucky bunnies:D i hope they re-bond easily when ebony is spayed and healed:)

Oooh just one other thing, I would take the top off those cages - can't see in the pics you may have them tied up, I just wouldn't like to think of the top falling down on one of them x

Oooh just one other thing, I would take the top off those cages - can't see in the pics you may have them tied up, I just wouldn't like to think of the top falling down on one of them x

I've got them temporarily tied so they can't move. Both the buns like to sit on the top of their cages so I've got towels up there for them to lie on to protect their paws. I've asked David to remove those bits though, hopefully he'll get round to it soon!!!

I've got them temporarily tied so they can't move. Both the buns like to sit on the top of their cages so I've got towels up there for them to lie on to protect their paws. I've asked David to remove those bits though, hopefully he'll get round to it soon!!!

Oh right, yes I would or use some non chewable wire, they might nibble the tie and then scare themselves if it fell down. They are lucky girlies you clearly love them very much :D x

Oh right, yes I would or use some non chewable wire, they might nibble the tie and then scare themselves if it fell down. They are lucky girlies you clearly love them very much :D x

You are right! I'll hassle David to remove the lids tomorrow.

I do love them to bits and want to do the best I can by them. Reading the posts on Rabbits United makes me strive to do better and it's a constant learning curve!

Thank you all so much for taking the time to have a look and let me know what you think. I do appreciate it xx

Aw they're lovely and it's a great set-up. :D x

Jack would be over that partition in no time too, lol. They must be well behaved girlies..... ;)

I hope that the spay and re-bond goes well. I should think with you having kept them side by side without major issues you would have a good chance of the bond going well. Love their names too. We're all learning, so don't worry about that! I'm a 'newbie' to being owned by a bun' (hopefully soon to be joined by a wifebun') and I'm learning from Jack himself as much as people on here.

Here are some photos of my two bunnies bedroom. I would appreciate your comments - if you think it's not a good set up - please let me know. I got Ebony and Faith when they were eight weeks old (they are sisters). They started fighting after two weeks. We emptied out our spare room and separated it with a puppy pen so they have half each. We've now had Faith spayed and are hoping to get Ebony done sometime in the next two weeks (I just need to wait on payday first!). After that, we are hoping that we can reintroduce them. I'm hoping they have a bit of a bond as they have never actually been fully separated except for when Faith was spayed. Sometimes they lie next to each other at the bars and they do groom each other through the bars (although they occasionally box and nip each other too!). Anyway, please let me know what you think of their room. Do they have enough space each? Have they got enough stimulation? Have I got too much clutter lying down in their space? I give them as much time to run freely as I can each day. Currently they are indoors full time. I only have a tiny wee bit of grass outside and I'm not sure how safe it is as we get loads of cats coming in the garden.

Top half of Ebony's space:
S1051391.jpg

Bottom half of Ebony's space:
S1051392.jpg

Top half of Faiths space:
S1051393.jpg

S1051395.jpg

View of the top half of the room with the pen separating:
S1051394.jpg

The cages are tiny so are only used as a litter/hay tray - they are never ever locked in them.

What an absolutely fab setup :) My girls would love that!! I also had the problem of sisters fighting but they seem to have sorted out there dominance issues and now love each other to bits:love:
Good luck rebonding xx

What an absolutely fab setup :) My girls would love that!! I also had the problem of sisters fighting but they seem to have sorted out there dominance issues and now love each other to bits:love:
Good luck rebonding xx

Thank you! Faith bit Ebony's ear (there was blood!) and there was a lot of chasing and stamping going on. Maybe if I'd left them they would have sorted it out but I wasn't brave enough so I separated them. Hopefully though they will rebond okay.

I have eight bunnies who want to know when they can move in! :lol:

I have similar cages to those - the white bit of the lid should just unhook. That way you can leave the green bit if they like siting on it.

Back