• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog Kennel..

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Is a 10ft by 4ft dog kennel suitable for 2 buns?

We are looking at buying something for Strawberry to go outside in and I want something like a kennel really.

I know a 4ft hutch isnt suitable no matter how big the run is so would a 10ft by 4ft dog kennel as the indoor bit would only be 4ft by 4ft?

Yep that would be fine :) If you think the overall space of a 6x2 hutch is 12sq metres, 4x4 is 16sq metres so gives more space :) I think Strawbs would love that! :thumb:

Yep that would be fine :) If you think the overall space of a 6x2 hutch is 12sq metres, 4x4 is 16sq metres so gives more space :) I think Strawbs would love that! :thumb:

Strawbs loves his space! I dont think he ever sleeps so would love the run area.

I have an 8ft run that we made so was goint o get a cheap shed and attach itbut the OH doesnt think a shed will look right on the patio!

Strawbs loves his space! I dont think he ever sleeps so would love the run area.

I have an 8ft run that we made so was goint o get a cheap shed and attach itbut the OH doesnt think a shed will look right on the patio!

What about a wendy house? You can get some really sweet looking ones :) Though i do think the dog kennels look neater :)

I have the same size dog kennel/run.We put another level in the sleep area and they love it.They tend to spend most of their time in the run:D

yes I think for a pair they are great im really considering one of those aswell.. Though if I get one for 4 - I may get a 10 x 6 one or a 12 ft one.

I think they are so much more secure and I like the fact you can access the run through a seperate door and I can sit in the run with them and keep dry :D

I dont think it matters the shed area isnt 6 x 2 as Becky said the area is still bigger and I know my two wont spend too much time in there - they will be in the run!

.. and the fact they are 5ft height as I keep looking at sheds and they are Soooo tall! and as it will be situated right next to the neighbours low fence i dont want to upset them - the only thing I worry about is if we move!

I have seen one on ebay that is quite local to me for £125 at the minute. I will keep an eye on it but I am not sure whether having to collect and dismantle it is too much hassle.

Strawbs is going to have to live at my Mums for a while when we move as we dont have room inside and it will still be too cold for him to go out.

I think that would be good yeah.

I would love a kennel set up but dont think the parents would agree to four separate kennels :shock: :lol:

The shed part of mine is 4x4 and is plenty big enough - it's slightly bigger than 6x2 in terms of area but also, being square, it gives you more options in terms of where you put everything. :)

Back