• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've done it all wrong

thumps_

Wise Old Thumper
Yep, this afternnoon I got Thumper a new partner, well 2 actually. Impulse buy, from a big store, crammed into the tiniest space, probably a french lop mix by her ears. Yes he's got a new teddy bunny at last! & a spare one for the wash.

Well Cottontail is soooo mucky, her 4th. fur graft with a piece of towel is falling off, & the other shoulder is giving out with love bites too. I was too embarressed to take her with him to the vets last week.
The bonding proceedure is interesting. Thumper eyed her with great suspicion & sidled up to Cottontail, but as soon as I moved New Bun he was on her in a flash!!:shock: Totally faithless!!! :shock::shock:

However he seems to want a hareme, at present. I guess the separation process will be be like children's comfort objects, of encouraging play with New Bun. I can't wait to get Cottontail into the dustbin. :oops:

ETA
I wonder how far he can count too, if most birds can count to 4? Perhaps a hareme of teddy bunnies isn't such a bad idea?

Last edited:
I am confused................ That totally blagged my head :shock:

Sorry, I'm being light hearted. Thumper had almost continuous gut problems & was too ill to risk neutering. He has a toy rabbit for his buck needs, & she was just past salvage.

Sorry, I'm being light hearted. Thumper had almost continuous gut problems & was too ill to risk neutering. He has a toy rabbit for his buck needs, & she was just past salvage.

Ooooooooooooo now i get it, hahaahh! :lol:

you're pandering to his whims again!:lol: poor little cottontail....i doubt thumper will ever forget her:love:

you're pandering to his whims again!:lol: poor little cottontail....i doubt thumper will ever forget her:love:

Actually I think that this time I'm pandering to my whims. Now that we are in "rabbit time", he's not slow showing me that he wants to play with mucky old Cottontail rather than New Bun.

You are right about never forgetting her. He's got a very good memmory spanning over 4years for both people & things.

Oh the toys my Lopsie used to have. And he would fervently 'play' with them whenever my parents had people over for a barbecue. :lol:

Oh the toys my Lopsie used to have. And he would fervently 'play' with them whenever my parents had people over for a barbecue. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: They sure choose their time for maximum embarrassment to us don't they?

Back