• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many of us.........

Toadie

Alpha Buck
Another very sad thread got me thinking, how many of us look over to check that our loved buns are safe and well after reading about another's sad situation/loss?. I know I do every time.:oops:

my buns are all i think about when im stuck at work... i dont need to read of a loss to send a text home checking they are ok :oops::oops::oops:

I am lucky at the moment as Ican spend more time at home then Iused to but in m other job when Iwas working 8 till 6 my neighbour used to come in and check and play with my bunnies and I would text her at lunch and in my breaks. Everyone used to laugh at me but they are my babies.

I think it's very easy to take pets, and family members if it comes to that, for granted. My boys are in my room with me, where I use my laptop. Everytime I read another member's sad story I tell the boys I love them and ask them for a snuggle.

I'm lucky I can check on them when I'm in work or away on my Ip camera.

Ellie has just tipped her litter tray and all her food in her hutch so I have a lot of cleaning to do when I get home...

The camera is a peace of mind.....

I worry about mine...and if J is home then I text to check they're ok.
A little while back we went for a night out but couldn't remember if I'd shut the kitchen window (where the buns were) so I rang J's mum and got her to go and check....I was so paranoid knowing what happened to Janes Ronan.
Turned out I had shut the window :oops:

I'm lucky I can check on them when I'm in work or away on my Ip camera.

Ellie has just tipped her litter tray and all her food in her hutch so I have a lot of cleaning to do when I get home...

The camera is a peace of mind.....

Is this easy to set up?

I do worry when I'm in work, the most absurd situations fly through my mind, but you just never know......

Luckily I will be working from home from April, so it won't be so bad!:D

I definitely give my cuddle buns a long cuddle when I read of the passing of another loved bunny, I've lost three bunnies so very quickly that you never really know if it's your last chance to give them a cuddle that they can enjoy :(

On the two days that I work full days I always nip home at lunchtime to check on them, it's just possible in an hour and I now feel I'm tempting some kind of fate if I don't do it :oops::oops:

I deliberately chose my second job so that I wouldn't be away from home for a whole day.

The ironic thing is Bungee bun died whilst I was in the house. She was begging at me, I was out of the room for about two hours and when I returned I found her dead, so checking at lunchtime wouldn't make a darn bit of difference there :cry::cry: Two of my buns have fairly frequent bloat episodes so I just don't feel I can leave them. I have to say goodbye to each bun before I leave as well :oops:

Im lucky because my two are.... *looks around the laptop screen* just over there..... eyeing me up because they know its time for me to feed them! And if they are not with me, they are with Aunty Sam or Sarah, both of which I can phone or text ;)

Back