• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Mr Bean :-( U/D 25th Feb

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Mr B has a large mass by his shoulder.It's definately not an abscess He also has enlarged kidneys :cry:
He is seeing C again tomorrow morning when we will discuss our options.
At least Mr Bean appears to feel OK within himself :)

Last edited:
Mr B has a large mass by his shoulder.It's definately not an abscess He also has enlarged kidneys :cry:
He is seeing C again tomorrow morning when we will discuss our options.
At least Mr Bean appears to feel OK within himself :)

my old rabbit bambi he had a mass on his shouder and i tok him to vets they wasnt sure what it was but they sed its a tumor and i had 2 opitions to put time down or they operate but he was 8yrs old and i hgad him put down i was gutted i had him from a baby coz i had his mother and my sister still got his father now so he is a old man but is a kid inside lol.

i hope everything works out for you.

I'm so sorry Jane, I hope the vet appt goes well and something can be done for Mr Bean. :love:

Thought you might like to see one of the pics I took of Mr B today :)

005-18.jpg

C says that she thinks the mass is a lipoma (fatty tissue).
She is not too concerned about it atm but I am to keep an eye on it.

Mr Bean also had a thorough check-up and the poor lad has rather a lot of problems :cry:
Aswell as the problems with his left eye (he is on life-long treatment for this already) he also has the start of cataracts in his right eye.
He has arthritis in both hind legs :cry:
His lungs are pretty knackered too :cry:
C said his Kidney's feel OK, but the left one is 'in the wrong place'.......... :shock:

Mr B was an ARC Bunny and was said to be about 1.5 years of age. So that would have made him about 2.5 years by now. However, C thinks he's considerably older than that- maybe 5-6 years of age.

Mr B is to remain on his eye treatment and he can have Metacam, massage and acupuncture for his arthritis. We will just 'wait and see' re the Lipoma.
Given all his problems a GA would be something we'd only want to risk as a last resort.

Poor Mr Bean, he certainly has a long list of ailments, bless him. :( I'm glad the lump is nothing of major concern at the moment and really hope it stays that way. :)

Back