• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

question...

zoe6660

Warren Scout
i know this will sound bad but please dont have a go im asking...

i got 2 french lop males they are in a out door hutch and separate,
basicly im going to move and its a aparment nd no garden so i was going to turn the rabbit into a house bunny but i cant have 2 males in the same room, so i was putting the one up for a good home. but i just had a idea i got 4 female Gpigs and i was going to turn the one room into a play/house room for them and was thiking about swaping my large bunny for a dwarf to go with my pigs. but i dont know if thats a good idea?
i dont like the idea of him going but its the only way and i was thinking about gettin a female to go with my girl pigs what you guys think.

Ok.. first of all...
Are they neutered?

Get your boy bunnies neutered! Then they can be bonded and live together.
You could ask a local rescue to help bond for you, for a little donation.

next... i wouldnt put a rabbit in with gpigs. theres a reason behind this, but as i havent experienced it im not 100% sure. Rabbits can injure Gpigs.

Rabbits are better off in pairs! rabbits loooove company :( :love:

i know this will sound bad but please dont have a go im asking...

i got 2 french lop males they are in a out door hutch and separate,
basicly im going to move and its a aparment nd no garden so i was going to turn the rabbit into a house bunny but i cant have 2 males in the same room, so i was putting the one up for a good home. but i just had a idea i got 4 female Gpigs and i was going to turn the one room into a play/house room for them and was thiking about swaping my large bunny for a dwarf to go with my pigs. but i dont know if thats a good idea?
i dont like the idea of him going but its the only way and i was thinking about gettin a female to go with my girl pigs what you guys think.

hello :wave:

why not get boys nuetured and bond them?
rabbits shouldn't go with g-pigs they are different types of animals....
bonding them is prob your best option then you dont need to rehome one! :)

Ok.. first of all...
Are they neutered?

Get your boy bunnies neutered! Then they can be bonded and live together.
You could ask a local rescue to help bond for you, for a little donation.

next... i wouldnt put a rabbit in with gpigs. theres a reason behind this, but as i havent experienced it im not 100% sure. Rabbits can injure Gpigs.

Rabbits are better off in pairs! rabbits loooove company :( :love:

whe i phoned the vets when i got them she sed you can have them done but its 50% chance they will bond and i can tell u fudge wont get on with sammy i put him out after sammy been out and he got his tail up high and is wiping his sent in everything and he is on the look for him if u get me. sammy isnt bothed he just loves to digg.

i know it can be dangours but i did have sammy in the garden when he was a baby with my mam pigs havnt done it since coz he is big now.

whe i phoned the vets when i got them she sed you can have them done but its 50% chance they will bond and i can tell u fudge wont get on with sammy i put him out after sammy been out and he got his tail up high and is wiping his sent in everything and he is on the look for him if u get me. sammy isnt bothed he just loves to digg.

i know it can be dangours but i did have sammy in the garden when he was a baby with my mam pigs havnt done it since coz he is big now.

They havent been getting on because they are males and because of their hormones! if you get them neutered, then a couple of weeks once their hornmones have calmed they should be ok to bond :wave:

You could contact a rescue and they can do the bonding for you if you havent done it before. just offer a donation in return?

isnt this better then having to rehome one ? :(
plus they need rabbit company. :( its not nice living alone..

They havent been getting on because they are males and because of their hormones! if you get them neutered, then a couple of weeks once their hornmones have calmed they should be ok to bond :wave:

You could contact a rescue and they can do the bonding for you if you havent done it before. just offer a donation in return?

isnt this better then having to rehome one ? :(
plus they need rabbit company. :( its not nice living alone..

i dont mind but i know 100% that fudge will be nasty to sammy the way he is when he is out and about in the garden.

i think when i phoned they sed it will be £35 for a rabbit to be done, so it isnt a bad price.

i dont mind but i know 100% that fudge will be nasty to sammy the way he is when he is out and about in the garden.

i think when i phoned they sed it will be £35 for a rabbit to be done, so it isnt a bad price.

you dont know that untill you try though?
Once those hormones are gone, they do change.

it is your choice however. so im sure you'll do whats best for your rabbits :(
But if you do rehome one of your boys,
please still keep the other, get him neutered and get him a neutered partner, maybe from a rescue?

please still keep the other, get him neutered and get him a neutered partner, maybe from a rescue?

but the vets sed the best is male and female neutered i may be lucky with two boys but its 50/50 and its the same with 2 girls they sed.

i would love to keep both and keep them together but im frigthen it wont work out and they both large bunnies.

could u house neutered females with a male that isnt done?

coz i could see if anyoe in the family got a female and if they happy to take on another bunny ill pay to get they done.

i dont want to spend loads on doiing all this coz i have spent loads on my animals in the past and its a waste if u get me like buying my animals bigger cages and stuff i spend £147 a week on toys and food for my pets :( not good lol

agree

I have two bonded boys:wave:
its worth a try, Id get them both neutured than ask a recsue to help you bond them :) That way they could live together, bunnies are very social and love to have friends :)

but the vets sed the best is male and female neutered i may be lucky with two boys but its 50/50 and its the same with 2 girls they sed.

i would love to keep both and keep them together but im frigthen it wont work out and they both large bunnies.

could u house neutered females with a male that isnt done?

coz i could see if anyoe in the family got a female and if they happy to take on another bunny ill pay to get they done.

i dont want to spend loads on doiing all this coz i have spent loads on my animals in the past and its a waste if u get me like buying my animals bigger cages and stuff i spend £147 a week on toys and food for my pets :( not good lol

how can you say getting your rabbits neutered is a waste of money!?
Its for the best for your rabbit!

I had two males bonded, neutered. They were fine. quite a few people have bonded males. Ok the bonding itsself may be harder than a male - female bond, but its still possible. same with females, 2 females is possible too! lots of people have 2 females, i have 2 females and a male bonded currently.

No, you need to get both rabbits neutered. Otherwise the bond wont work. He will be ranging with hormones wanting to mate, and she wont be. She will get annoyed with him humping her 24/7 and it may turn nasty! Thats why i am advising you to get them neutered.

sorry but if you cant afford vet bills then you cant afford the pet im affraid, its not fair :(

I have two bonded boys:wave:
its worth a try, Id get them both neutured than ask a recsue to help you bond them :) That way they could live together, bunnies are very social and love to have friends :)

how would u bond bunnies?
coz i think the closest resuce is 40mins away do i go to them or they come to me?

also would u have a vet to neuture or like a recuse place coz they do them everyday if they get animals in alot.

how would u bond bunnies?
coz i think the closest resuce is 40mins away do i go to them or they come to me?

also would u have a vet to neuture or like a recuse place coz they do them everyday if they get animals in alot.

You would take your rabbits to the rescue and they will stay there until they have a good bond.

you get them neutered at the vets :wave:

how can you say getting your rabbits neutered is a waste of money!?
Its for the best for your rabbit!

I had two males bonded, neutered. They were fine. quite a few people have bonded males. Ok the bonding itsself may be harder than a male - female bond, but its still possible. same with females, 2 females is possible too! lots of people have 2 females, i have 2 females and a male bonded currently.

No, you need to get both rabbits neutered. Otherwise the bond wont work. He will be ranging with hormones wanting to mate, and she wont be. She will get annoyed with him humping her 24/7 and it may turn nasty! Thats why i am advising you to get them neutered.

sorry but if you cant afford vet bills then you cant afford the pet im affraid, its not fair :(

im not saying its going to be a waste but if it dont work i would have spent money and got nothing out of it if u get me..
i want whats best for my bunnies but atm i dont have that spare money to waste coz im moving and paying out for stuff for the house.

the rescues pay the vets to neutire the buns, they dont do it themselves,
get both buns neutured

where abouts are you? Im sure we could find a rescue thats closer than you think ;)

unless both buns are neutured they wont bond and they will fight

owning bunnies are expensive, if you stick around on here you'll learn alot and your bunnies will lad very happy lives.

What do they both live in at the moment?

im not saying its going to be a waste but if it dont work i would have spent money and got nothing out of it if u get me..
i want whats best for my bunnies but atm i dont have that spare money to waste coz im moving and paying out for stuff for the house.

it wont be a waste, neutering a rabbit is for the best, so that there isnt any unexpected breeding, and unwanted babies in the future :(

even if you have to rehome one of the buns, its best he is netured as that maximises the chance he will go to a good home, and not be used by a breeder to....breed :shock: Breeding is bad.

Neturing the buns, even if the bonding doenst work wouldnt be a waste. Expensive yes. But necessary.

the rescues pay the vets to neutire the buns, they dont do it themselves,
get both buns neutured

where abouts are you? Im sure we could find a rescue thats closer than you think ;)

unless both buns are neutured they wont bond and they will fight

owning bunnies are expensive, if you stick around on here you'll learn alot and your bunnies will lad very happy lives.

What do they both live in at the moment?

they both in a 5ft long hutch each and they got a big garden but i got to stand out there i get them a dog play pen 3 days ago but it dont seem that big :(

Back