• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Need Your Help ... Rabbit Sizes!

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
Right I always knew that certain breeds of rabbit are big ... however before Ali mentioned that one of her buns was 20kg ... I really hope I've not misread that and it was only 2kg (I'm going to look like such a :censored: :lol:) and my face literally went :shock::shock::shock:

So I was wondering if people would post a picture which gives some sense of scale ie. their bun next to a TV remote or something similar to give me a good judgement. I'm not too good with just general measurements.

I think it'd be really interesting and also open my eyes to how big some rabbits can be. I'm far too naive when it comes to this sort of thing!

Ronnie as a baby, hes a continental giant, next to a normal sized cat carrier :) Ronnie weighs around 6.5/7kg now :)

100_0492.jpg

OMG 20kg :shock::shock:
I'm trying to imagine how big a bun would have to be to be that heavy :lol: That's as much as my sacks of bird seed weigh!

I only have little buns (1kg and 1.8kg), but I think the heaviest are around 7kg+?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:...*breathes*....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No...Ted is 7kg....not 20 ;)

Oli and Ted, in the summer. (Teddy will have been about 10 months old)
051.jpg

Here he is next to my boy when he was about 18/20 months (Ol, not Ted)
001-2.jpg

He's as long as the door (This is an older picture, so he's grown since then)
003-2.jpg

And now
This is a highchair on the large side
030-3.jpg

The litter tray is 2ft long
045.jpg

(You might get an idea about Ol and Ted now from this picture :?)
018-6.jpg

Sorry...too many pictures!:oops:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:...*breathes*....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No...Ted is 7kg....not 20 ;)

Oli and Ted, in the summer. (Teddy will have been about 10 months old)
051.jpg

Oh yes laugh at my while I wallow in my bed of shame! :oops::lol

But blimey he's big enough from that picture. :shock:

I think I wants one!

Oh yes laugh at my while I wallow in my bed of shame! :oops::lol

But blimey he's big enough from that picture. :shock:

I think I wants one!

He's a chunky monkey now! Frenchies fill out at about 14 months...and...:love::love:....so cute!

Once you have one you'll never look back! :love:

GOOD GRIEF!! TEDDY'S MUM! THAT'S NO RABBIT THAT'S A LOP EARED HORSE!! You could sell the car and ride him to work!! From your giant black lop to my little minis.....

feb10029.jpg

OMG, I want some Frenchies living in my house. I was going to ask if they are well behaved but I suppose they must be, you wouldn't want bunnies that size being naughty. I would love to see some pics of all your bunnies. Bit different to my Nethies.:wave:

my word ted is one big lovely bunny...if you put my two lops together they would still probably not be as long as him. To give you an idea on the smaller side this is my neddie rosie....next to a brick! She weighs about 1kg and is roughly the size of a bag of sugar.

IMG_4932.jpg

The biggest bunny you will every see though (and certainly weighing more than 20 kg) is Rockyus gigantics below:

bunny2.jpg

Last edited:
my word ted is one big lovely bunny...if you put my two lops together they would still probably not be as long as him. To give you an idea on the smaller side this is my neddie rosie....next to a brick! She weighs about 1kg and is roughly the size of a bag of sugar.

IMG_4932.jpg

Is that her fully grown? Squeeee.

My Leos probably about the size now but I'm guessing lionheads tend to get bigger.

yes she is fully grown, around 1.5 years old. She's a bit bigger than some neddies though, rather to fond of her food :)

Back