• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny wee stains on lino - what to do?

LloydFerris

Warren Scout
Lloyd is sneaky about weeing outside the litter tray-he likes to wee right at the edge of the water and hay dishes so it pools around the edges and is hard to notice! I clean out their area twice a day, and in between cleanings when I do notice wee, I clean it right away.
But look at these stains! I can't get them clean no matter what I do! (He is neutered)
The bunny area usually has an artificial sheep skin blanket, which both buns love to wee on as well. That's not a problem as I just throw it in the wash, but I don't keep anything on the floor under their food bowls because it would just be soaked with water all the time. (Lloyd binkies like crazy and sloshes water everywhere) Argghhhh!
I'll have to find some kind of rubber mat or something to protect the linoleum, but for now I just want to find a way to get these stains out.
*phew*!
P1010001.jpg

I know this sounds bad but can you get your hands on any hand gel they use in hospital ,I work with elderly where we have a few men who just like to pee anywhere. and well we find that works the best to remove any stain build up. In there house

you can buy urine remover from petshops etc but personaly i would try soaking the area in vinger and leaving it for a few hours. that might budge the marks

bicarbonate of soda with white vinegar works well, put it on while it is fizzing to lift the stain (also nutralizes odour) ;)

Back