• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfie is ill again U/D back from the vets

Got a phone call from my O/H about 4.15pm, he has just got home and Alfie's eye is closed and covered in puss.

I've rushed out of work and I'm on a train home now, won't get home till about 6pm though. The vets haven't got any appointments but they have told me to just take him in and they will fit him in somehow.

My poor little man, he doesn't need this with all his other problems.

Last edited:
Just seen a nurse and we have got to wait till about 6.50 to see a vet as it's not an emergency.

Hopefully he will just need some eye cream.

Back from the vets. He had his tear duct flushed as his eye was red and swollen and a big bit of hay come out as well as loads of puss.

The vet thinks it was just the hay and he should be fine in a few days, he has some eye drops to reduce the swelling etc.

Oh no, not another poorly Alfie. :(

I missed this last night but I'm so glad it was nothing too serious and hope Alfie is feeling much better soon. xxx

Glad it was fairly straightforward.
I bet he feels better without that piece of hay in his eye - I go mad if I've got a hair in my eye!

Thanks

Will all his other breathing problems I was in manic mode last night :oops:

Hopefully this will teach him when he sticks his head right inside the hay bag to find that 'special bit' he needs to close his eyes :lol:

Back