• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you take your rabbits?

Would you?

• Total voters

Starlight

Warren Veteran
I just had a call from "This Morning" asking if I would let them use some of the bunnies in a fashionshoot?

Now I would never let them have rescue buns of unpredicatble nervous natures, but I was thinking my Shadow, Moonshine and Scraggles would love it! Shadow especially who is in her element being centre attention.

They would have their own room to run around in, and would be picked up at 12:30pm and dropped off at 4:30pm, with someone to accompany them of my choice (Ie me).

But would you?

I've voted no mainly because of the stress of the journey, the time you'll be hanging around waiting for their 5 mins of fame, and the hot studio lights.
I'd recommend they use toy rabbits instead!

Will they mention your rescue centre or give a donation towards it? It could be worth it for a little publicity.

Do you have any information on what they will do with the rabbits?

If its a fashionshoot would they be holding them? :?

i agree with the 1st post, i would be worried about the hot lighting, stress and the traveling

ignore that post above that was me!

"erm im not sure, depends on the bunnies. No bunnies are going to "love it" as you put it, because they just wouldnt, they dont understand.

However, some bunnies are extremly laid back and have no fear of anything. For example, Jelly literally isnt bothered by anything, she is fearless. Noises do not scare her, bonding she just lays down and ignores everything thats going on, so she wouldnt love it, she just wouldnt care. However, domino and pebbles would hate it, as would most bunnies. therefore i never would do it, as i wouldnt seperate them for such a thing.

why do they want you to do it? how did they "find you" so to speak? x

"

thats what i said lol!

Was signed in as Little Angel as i was going to change Cottons adoption info, so ignore that post above, was completly my mistake lol!!

xxxxxxxxx

not my pair.. Alvin would probably get me sued for maiming someone and Pearl is too poorly to travel anyhows

I don't know, going to ask more details when they call back, as they caught me as I just came through the door so was a little off-guard!

What I mean by "love it" is love the attention, the cuddles etc.

They mentioned having them on a table and on a floor. So I assume the shoot would be on the bunnies "level" so to speak.

I would with Teddy, probably be fine with Ruby...but I don't know Pixie enough to know about her. Bluebell I wouldn't as she has a skittish nature.

If you think that they'll be ok then do it! :D *whispers* or point them in Ted's direction! :lol::lol:

I would depend what they were going to do and how much input I could have in what they would be doing. If they were going to have clothing on or anything on those lines I would not allow it. Would you be able to step in if you didn't like something?
How long will they be infront of the lights...they do get VERY hot?
What happens if they decide they don't like it once they're there?
How do they travel?
Would you be liable if they bit/scratched someone or chewwed through something?
I'd be worried about the stress and possible tummy probs.

I guess if you think your rabbits would enjoy that sort of thing, and they get plenty of breaks etc im sure it would be ok.

Its your choice anyway, your rabbits.

It may be a good opportunity for you, your rabbits and the rescue :thumb:

I would say no purely on the basis of risk - it could all go absolutely perfectly, but there is obviously a chance for one or more bunnies to get stressed and stop eating.

I would also be very worried about what kind of 'photoshoot' was involved and whether ultimately it would come across as yet another 'aren't bunnies cute/easy/child-friendly pets' despite your input as a rescue person.

But, definitely worth getting more info from them to make an informed decision :)

I have voted yes as I know Dutchie would be fine with it and probably the girls as long as he was there but def not A and E.

B C and D had to be preventing from helpig with the drilling of a new cat flap yesterday :roll:

I voted maybe. i wouldnt take any of my own buns, as they all seem to hate travelling :? Ive took foster buns for a photoshoot for a newspaper article before, and they were fine :) xXx

if you know rabbits that would be fine with everything, like travelling and handling etc, maybe you could and get in vital information too about rescuing bunnies, makes mine chocolate campaign, just before easter time too and how about rabbit rehome :wave: if they'd let you

I would with Teddy, probably be fine with Ruby...but I don't know Pixie enough to know about her. Bluebell I wouldn't as she has a skittish nature.

If you think that they'll be ok then do it! :D *whispers* or point them in Ted's direction! :lol::lol:

could you imagaine my rosie :shock: i remember when her and mowgli won pet idol in local paper the first year when they won main prize we had to take them to this place, for a proper professional photoshoot, rosie was loving it :shock: :lol:

I wouldn't take mine, because it would honestly kill them! These darn stressy buns :roll: :lol:

But I voted yes for you to take yours ;)

I don't think it's a good idea because it's going to encourage people to think of rabbits in the wrong way, like dolls to be dressed up and any kids watching are going to want to go and get a rabbit without thinking it through :?

I think timmy would have been up for it, but can't see any of my others enjoying it.

I would want to know exactly what they wanted the rabbits to do and what angle the whole thing was going to take. And also check that they realised rabbits weren't likely to pose for them as and when they wanted them to , to make sure they weren't going to forse them to do things that weren't natural for them :?

Back