• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No myxi vaccs again!!

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
What is going on with my vets :roll::roll:

As you probably know we booked a group of our bunnies in to have their myxi a couple of weeks ago. We took the first 5 up only to find they only had 3 vaccinations in and that the 5 we had booked in for the next day had to be cancelled as they wouldn't have any vaccs in in time.

Today we had Spud and Hogs , plus Prudence who was turned away last time she went up as they didn't have enough, booked in for their myxi vaccs. I had a call last night to say they had to cancel our appointment again as they had run our of myxi vaccs again. When I booked it last week I said - you will have the vaccs in wont you as I don't want to have to bring them in for nothing again? I was assured it wouldn't happen again as they had plenty.:shock:

they are booked in again for tomorrow, hopefully they will have some in by then :roll: How can a vet that has so many rabbits on its books not have vaccinations in stock, its ridiculous

That is pretty stupid of them, they would have known exactly why the bunnies were booked in too.
Personally I would have hit the roof and maybe even changed vets, my bun gets very distressed going to the vets and even goes off her food for a day.
I bet you give them loads of business too.
Bad bad vets

d'oh! :lol::lol::lol:

I know you can't, but i'd change vets, they sound incompetant. its not exactly rocket science! :roll:

When we took ours in recently (17 on one day) we checked like you did - and they had already ordered in advance as soon as they had the appt booked in.

As Vikkivet said 'its not rocket science' (its practice management!!:lol::lol:)

That's disgraceful! If you threatened to leave, would it make any difference? Might make them buck up their ideas if they thought they were losing your business.

Out of curiosity, do you get a better price for taking multiple rabbits in.

IE i have 3 rabbits, is it worth phoning up 3 vets for the Myxi jabs prices :D

Not that 3 is a lot but if you had lots of them it may save a lot of money.

Out of curiosity, do you get a better price for taking multiple rabbits in.

IE i have 3 rabbits, is it worth phoning up 3 vets for the Myxi jabs prices :D

Not that 3 is a lot but if you had lots of them it may save a lot of money.

I get 20% discount if I take 5 or more at a time :)

I get 15% if I take over 3 rabbits, but last time they forgot to give it to me so I had to go back and ask for a refund :roll:

i get free vaccinations and 10percent interest off every treatment and a free health check for both buns but im on healthy pet club, that would prob cost you a fortune though with soo many buns, as i pay a few pound a month for it

I'd be really mad if that was my vet Liz. Pea and Pod really don't travel well so I never drag them to the vets for nothing. Was it the vet in MK?

Back