• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sucessful Nail Trim!

clarebear

Mama Doe
Took Bramble to the vets yesterday for his first nail trim. He was so good, and the nurse said he was lovely and friendly - I was soooo happy :D Even better, because she didn't need to take much off his nails it was free!

He is really getting much friendly with us now, has taken over a year, but we are getting there! :lol:

He was so good and didn't even stuggle once the nurse had got hold of him. Think I would probably be able to do it myself now I've seen how it's done. She only did the front ones, and said his nails were in good condition for his age. Bramble got lots of treats afterwards. The nurse was dead impressed that he ate them from my hand. She said most of the rabbits they get in are mad ones, that belong to children and are a bit neglected. :(

Poor Bunnies :(

i was thinking about doing the bunnies nails myself, but I keep remebering when cloudy ripped his nail off and the blood!!! :(

No I think vets for the win!!!

I have just done all eight of mine myself, well with the mothers help of course, i managed to just catch Ruby, bless her, every other bun was fine :D

He was so good and didn't even stuggle once the nurse had got hold of him. Think I would probably be able to do it myself now I've seen how it's done. She only did the front ones, and said his nails were in good condition for his age. Bramble got lots of treats afterwards. The nurse was dead impressed that he ate them from my hand. She said most of the rabbits they get in are mad ones, that belong to children and are a bit neglected. :(

I know what you mean....My vet always says it's a pleasure to see mine as they're so well behaved. Even Bea was good when I took her...and she was massive :love:

I get J to hold bun and the I do the nails. Although Marnie wriggles cause she knows J gets worried about holding her too tight :roll: :love:

Back