• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Metacam dose

Buuny_Friend

Mama Doe
Can anyone tell me what the highest dose rate for dog metacam is for rabbits?

Am I right in thinking that it is something like 0.8mls/kg in 24 hours?

Thank you :)

We took a 2kg bun to the vet and he gave 0.8ml of dog metacam and said that was the maximum dose?! But it has to be said we didn't have much faith in this vet!!

ETA that was 0.8 total not per kg!

0.4mls per kg in 24 hours is the normal maintence dose of metacam. But you can give much higher quantities for a short time. I would think it would be best to chat to the vet first as each case should be treated individually :)

0.4mls per kg in 24 hours is the normal maintence dose of metacam. But you can give much higher quantities for a short time. I would think it would be best to chat to the vet first as each case should be treated individually :)

My vet told my 1kg 3oz rabbit to have 5kg twice a day of meticam. He was sky high the next day so I stopped it. :evil: bloody vets I hate them all.

My vet told my 1kg 3oz rabbit to have 5kg twice a day of meticam. He was sky high the next day so I stopped it. :evil: bloody vets I hate them all.

It depends on what type of metacam you were prescribed. Cat metacam requires a higher dosage than dog metacam :?

Back