• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Skye has lost all her fear

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
I've had her six months now and in all that time she has refused to come out of my room...I leave the door open so apache can free range around the house but Skye just sticks her head out of the doorway then scurries back in as if the outside world is just too terrifying - even if I put her favourite foods out there, she's just too scared to go and get them.

But this weekend she randomly decided it's fine to go out of the bedroom and spent all her time pottering on the landing and top stairs :) I'm so pleased she's getting braver :love:

Unfortunately we're moving house next weekend so she'll have to start over again - ho hum!

Aww that's good! I've had Stew nearly a year and she is still a scaredy bun.....even after all those months of me giving her meds, picking her up when she couldn't walk and keeping her clean, you'd think she knows she can trust me by now! but nope, she's still scaredy, although in the last few days she has had a few noserubs without running away :love:

That's fantastic news. Well done both of you.:D:D:D
Hopefully now she's learned that the world outside her room is OK she'll get the hang of it fast when you move.

My every good wish for a smooth house move for all of you.

Back