• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can anyone recommend a good place to buy neutered bonded rabbits?

suzymcben

New Kit
After much stress getting my last two male rabbits neutered i'm trying to find a breeder that sells bonded neutered but young pairs. Possibly both females but i'd consider a male and female
i'm not too fussy on breed but i would like rabbits that are friendly with humans. i did have two lionheads which were lovely so anything like them would be considered (french lops etc). i'm a sucker for a cute rabbit.
does anyone know anyone that sells what i am looking for anywhere south of Birmingham?
i've tried googling it but to no joy. i'm not looking to buy show bunnies
thanks Suzy

Have you not thought about going to a rescue? - They neuter and vaccinate, and will bond, however a lot already have bonded pairs in. They will help you find the perfect pair to fit in with your life too, and you can getto know your bunnies before bringing them home. :wave:

:wave:

I would definately go to a rescue, Walsall RSPCA have some lovely young pairs in at the minute.

http://www.rspca-walsall.org.uk/newpages/rabbits.htm

They are all neutered, vaccinated and microchipped

Mitsu and Fallow are stunning and very friendly

fallow.jpg

mitsu2.jpg

I agree with the others. Get rescues. Breeders are (mainly) just in it for the money, they can't be bothered with the expense and hassle of neutering and bonding bunnies.

Also , if you get rescues you will be helping unwanted animals find a nice home. The majority of rabbits in rescue are fairly young as people give them up when hormones start to kick in and would prefer to "get rid" than pay for neutering. It's very rare oldies come up anyway so I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for :wave:

I've never heard of a breeder who neuters their rabbits before selling them :? Although it's not something I've really looked into!

I'd really recommend sticking to a male/female pair aswell, a pair of females can be very unstable.

Definitely try a rescue :) they will be able to recommend a pair of rabbits that have the temperament you're looking for :)

I wouldnt buy from breeders, i dont think they neuter/vaccinate their bunnies anyway :?

Have you had a look in the Rabbits in Need section of the form? Theres lots of bunnies there who are bonded/neutered/vaccinated and looking for homes :)

Let us know how you get on xXx

thanks for all your replies

WOW! thanks everyone for all your advice. i didn't realise rescues had young rabbits. i shall defo look into rescued rabbits. i'd mentioned it to my husband but he said surely they will be there because they're not wanted for a reason? but yes you're right some people may back out of ownership rather than getting them neutered
i shall go search for a male female bonded paid at a rescue
thank you everyone

Sadly a lot of rescue buns are accidental and unwanted litters so you could get a bonded pair easily. That said if you saw two single buns you really liked most rescues will bond them for you. I would def recommend FatFluffs they are really helpful and will give you loads of advice :D

WOW! thanks everyone for all your advice. i didn't realise rescues had young rabbits. i shall defo look into rescued rabbits. i'd mentioned it to my husband but he said surely they will be there because they're not wanted for a reason? but yes you're right some people may back out of ownership rather than getting them neutered
i shall go search for a male female bonded paid at a rescue
thank you everyone

unfortunatly a lot of rescues get in pregnant does, accidental litters unwanted breeder stock, mis treated thouse buns who kids have got bored with (sometimes sadly only a few weeks later) and to be truthful i have found its better to get a bun around age 2yrs + as they are already full grown and have teir personality often already! many helath problems buns are brought in with are due to lack of decent rabbit knowledge and a bit of tlc and the right space and care can work wonders rescues are the best, they have loads of rabbits look on rabbit rehome you will find so many bunnies and if a pair near you doesnt satisfy you a pair further afield could and we can arrange a bunny run! x

Come to Hopper Haven - we have lots of buns looking for homes (not all on the website or rabbit rehome) and we're probably about 30 mins from South Bham

We have all ages of rabbits, and we can bond your rabbit for you.

All ours are rehomed neutered and vaccinated.

We're in Crabbs Cross, Redditch, and are open every Saturday 1 - 3pm

www.hopperhaven.org.uk

can rabbits travel to france

i would be coming to the UK in about 4 weeks to look at and hopefully buy my 2 rescue bunnies. i've tried to find info about taking rabbits to France from the UK and it doesn't seem to be a problem. has anyone had experience of this? also if anyone is looking at this thread that has a rabbit rescue within 100 miles of Dover please let me know. I am looking for a bonded neutered pair up to the age of 1 year old that are friendly to humans and don't get too stressed out when being picked up.

I think you've got a slight misunderstanding of how rescue works :) You can't 'buy' a rabbit from them. You apply to adopt one, they assess you and your planned accommodation and decided whether to accept your application. If your application is successful then you pay a set donation towards the rescues costs.

You will not be able to turn up at a rescue, pay some money and then take the rabbits across to France!

I think most rescues would be concerned about being able to accurately access your home (many rescues visit your home to do checks) or the welfare of the rabbits going from their original home, to rescue and then coping with the stress of a long trip.

Have you looked for rescues in France?

oh i have misunderstood then

can i not provide a rescue with pictures of my accommodation that we have for rabbits? shame if that's the case then!! france don't care much for rabbits unless they're for eating and the last breeder i bought from over here sold me 2 unhealthy rabbits

Back