• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

urgent please read and advise

hannah C

Alpha Buck
we have just found a nest of mice in our garrage, which is very close to where steve lives with a hole running into steves run.

we have got a sonic mouse deterent and was wondering if it would have any effct to him or weather he can hear it?

how dangerouse can house mice be to rabbits?

going to gogle now but sometimes google is not my friend.

the problem with mice is they can carry disease
You do need to get rid of them

If you don't like the idea of killing them you can buy humane traps but you need to take them at least 2 miles away to release them

Also

Keep all foods stuffs in sealed containers and sweep up regularly
Use disinfectant where they are running

we have just found a nest of mice in our garrage, which is very close to where steve lives with a hole running into steves run.

we have got a sonic mouse deterent and was wondering if it would have any effct to him or weather he can hear it?

how dangerouse can house mice be to rabbits?

going to gogle now but sometimes google is not my friend.

i think rabbits can hear sonic deterents so probably not a good idea

i think rabbits can hear sonic deterents so probably not a good idea

thanks.....have looked all over the internet and i cant find anything to support or disprove this so better safe than sorry it hasn't been plugged in!

looks like the poor mice are going to have to be trapped and moved:cry::cry: and its soooo cold outsideat the mo. im too soft if it wasnt for steve i'd leave them be

thanks.....have looked all over the internet and i cant find anything to support or disprove this so better safe than sorry it hasn't been plugged in!

looks like the poor mice are going to have to be trapped and moved:cry::cry: and its soooo cold outsideat the mo. im too soft if it wasnt for steve i'd leave them be

I think it very much depends where they are and how many, if they are nesting however you are going to have move them as you can easily end up with hundreds in a couple of months. I wouldn't use the sonic thing either, I would buy some humane traps and have at least two at a time, try to release the mice in pairs at night preferably into hedgerow they have a better chance of survival that way.

oh theyre nesting, i disturbed about 6 of them, going to get some humane traps from work, 10 of them and then take the little mousies to work and relea them there, there are barns and stuff hopefully they will be ok.

garh listen at me, worried about some mice.

Awwwh, I do love little miceys :) I used to have two fancy mice called Wayne and Steve... and then Steve had 19 babies so then I had lots of Wayne's and Steve's! :lol:

Wild mice aren't good news though :( You really need to get rid. In my experience, what starts out as mice will become lots of mice and then becomes rats.

I had mice in at my old house, in my bird aviary. I left them to it, thinking mice couldn't do any harm. Soon the rats realised the mice were onto a good thing and they moved in. They would live in the hedgerows during the day and at night time they'd tunnel in and kill as many of my birds as they could catch. :shock: I tried everything to get rid of them. Humane traps caught nothing. Less humane traps caught nothing. I dug a trench round the aviary and lined it with lead sheeting - they chewed through! My friend bought her ferrets round and sent them down the tunnels. They caught nothing (but we hoped the ferret smell might scare them off). I grudgingly resorted to poison. That didn't seem to work either so I had to take all my birds out of the avairy. :shock: Luckily we moved soon after so I got a nice new shed and a new aviary in the shed.

Getting to the point... mice are very cute and won't do too much harm but you really do need to find a way to keep them out of your garage. When you've managed to catch the ones that are there, could you do a perimeter check of the garage and fill in any ways in? If the entrances are left open, you'll probably find you have a new bunch of mice after a few weeks. They're persistant little gits! :lol:

mice reach sexual maturity at 4-6 weeks, the females coming into heat every 4-5 days,they are pregnant for roughly 3 weeks having litters of between 7 and 12 [sometimes more].Like bunnies they can get pregnant within hours of giving birth,so really if you leave this nest alone you could easily be over-run in no time:shock: [they are cute though :oops:]
Mice wee all over the place and can carry EC in their urine

Last edited:
Back