• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scared I am going to get something wrong

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
Hi :wave: Bobby's spay is fri :shock:, she is the first bunnie that I have ever had spayed, (As I kept bunnies as a child before and was not so informed).

She is a free range bun at the mo, but we are putting her in a big enclosure whislt she is recovering ,so she doesn't hurt herself. she normally poops in her hutch and wee's which I leave open now as she is much too big for it. she will not use a litter tray she will only eat the hay out of it. The hutch is an out door one which to be honest was much too small, but my OH didn't know any diff when he bought the rabbit and hutch as a surprise for me.

I am just worried about putting the hutch in her enclousre as she always jumps up on the roof for a little sit down.

The main thing I am worried about is that she will hold on to her poops as she is really anal about where she goes, I have three days to get her to go in a litter tray, and I can't see her taking to it :cry:

:wave: Hi Shelley, I can understand where your coming from but, I wouldn't worry, she is going to be feeling rather sore and under the weather so not in the mood of jumping around hopefully. I personally would use some puppy pads or newspaper folded and pegged round the corner of the pen with lots of hay on top rather than a tray for the first 24 hours at least to prevent her jumping at all. I think she will use it, try it now for a day while she is OK, set it up and leave it so she becomes familiar with it now and see what happens, you can always get a handful of poops and wee'd on hay to put in the corner where you want her to go and she will smell that and realise it's where she shoud be going. Try not to worry, although I know how you feel, I am booking my doe in this week aswell :roll: I have been prolonging the inevitable but, have got my dog cage a huge one from my sis in law and she will be going in that, she is outdoor atm in her own shed so I don't know if she is going to like it. Case of having to though for her safety. x

My Mrs Nora had her spay last week, and I wasn't sure where to put her afterwards. I ended up just leaving her in her indoor hutch. It's only 3.5x2x2 so I never normally shut them in it. I only bought it as Nora wont use her litter tray anywhere public, so all it is is a big litter tray and hay rack lol.

To be honest, I didn't feel bad keeping her in there as I think all she wanted to do was sleep. I left it open overnight though once she'd woken up a bit.

Bless poor Walter though. I left him outside the hutch with a little litter tray of his own so I could tell if Mrs Nora was pooing. He was sat outside his hutch looking all sad and I thought he missed Nora, so I let him in and he just did a massive wee and hopped back out - he must've been holding it in!

Yeah I know it has to be done, :cry: I have booked the weekend off work so I can watch her, as she is very attached to me. I have already tried putting her in the enclosure and she literally looked like she could kill me:lol:, she has free ranged for as long as I have had her bless, but she will need to get used to it for a while. How long untill I can let her get back to normal?:?

My Mrs Nora had her spay last week, and I wasn't sure where to put her afterwards. I ended up just leaving her in her indoor hutch. It's only 3.5x2x2 so I never normally shut them in it. I only bought it as Nora wont use her litter tray anywhere public, so all it is is a big litter tray and hay rack lol.

To be honest, I didn't feel bad keeping her in there as I think all she wanted to do was sleep. I left it open overnight though once she'd woken up a bit.

Bless poor Walter though. I left him outside the hutch with a little litter tray of his own so I could tell if Mrs Nora was pooing. He was sat outside his hutch looking all sad and I thought he missed Nora, so I let him in and he just did a massive wee and hopped back out - he must've been holding it in!
ahh Nora looks like my lil girl love those markings :love:

She will be fine, I went through the same thing with my Mollster.

Prepare to feel very guilty when you get them back and they are all mopey and sad, but it will all be worth it in the end.

Molly was eating normally within two days, and was back to her usual crazy self after about a week, she forgave me pretty quickly.

Are you planning on getting her a husbun? Because seeing them together is worth the pain and worry of a spey.

She will be fine, I went through the same thing with my Mollster.

Prepare to feel very guilty when you get them back and they are all mopey and sad, but it will all be worth it in the end.

Molly was eating normally within two days, and was back to her usual crazy self after about a week, she forgave me pretty quickly.

Are you planning on getting her a husbun? Because seeing them together is worth the pain and worry of a spey.
Yeah she will be visting RAGS in Coventry for a spot of speed dating:D

I am on my own with her fri night, so have bought some healthy treats and me some mind numbing wine and chocs

Aw, bet you cant wait :)

Bet she will be fine.
When Molly came home she just stayed in the same spot and enjoyed being hand fed.
The only thing she would really eat at first was strong smelling herbs, like parsley.

We were feeding her by hand at 30 minute intervals, I think she loved it to be honest :roll:

Her tummy was bright blue as well, poor girly.

Good luck with it :wave:

Yeah I know it has to be done, :cry: I have booked the weekend off work so I can watch her, as she is very attached to me. I have already tried putting her in the enclosure and she literally looked like she could kill me:lol:, she has free ranged for as long as I have had her bless, but she will need to get used to it for a while. How long untill I can let her get back to normal?:?

Awww is it not possible to leave it open so she can go in and out of it between now and then and realise it's non-threatening, put lots of interesting things in there and she may want to go in. It will depend on how well she is after the spay, I would be careful about drinking too much on Friday night aswell in case you need to drive to the vets? Hopefully all will go well and I think it's about a week to be on the safe side with regards stitches but, it may be sooner than that. I haven't been through it either with a doe only a male and he was back to normal the next day! I think for females it's a lot more invasive and I am going to make sure they use the dissolvable stitches I think, I don't fancy having to take her in for those to be removed, it will be sore.

Aw, bet you cant wait :)

Bet she will be fine.
When Molly came home she just stayed in the same spot and enjoyed being hand fed.
The only thing she would really eat at first was strong smelling herbs, like parsley.

We were feeding her by hand at 30 minute intervals, I think she loved it to be honest :roll:

Her tummy was bright blue as well, poor girly.

Good luck with it :wave:
Yes I will have parsley on hand also mint and coriander, just don't want to think of her in pain, she is such a confident bun, but when at the vets its a different story, she was so scared when I got her myxi done
:(

Oh well she is a strong one so will be fine I am sure, will be asking for many good luck vibes, and calming ones for me :D

If it helps, Mol never showed any signs of pain, she was just a bit scared, understandably, but she wasnt really suffering.

And she got over it! Your bun will too :D

Awww is it not possible to leave it open so she can go in and out of it between now and then and realise it's non-threatening, put lots of interesting things in there and she may want to go in. It will depend on how well she is after the spay, I would be careful about drinking too much on Friday night aswell in case you need to drive to the vets? Hopefully all will go well and I think it's about a week to be on the safe side with regards stitches but, it may be sooner than that. I haven't been through it either with a doe only a male and he was back to normal the next day! I think for females it's a lot more invasive and I am going to make sure they use the dissolvable stitches I think, I don't fancy having to take her in for those to be removed, it will be sore.
Hey you know thats a good idea no wine for me then:D, I don't drive but will want to be coherent:shock: I have got Ian to set up the enclosure tonight for me, and bought some dangley carroty toy things for her, I feel such a :censored: for doing this to her but is all in a good cause she will thank me one day for it:D

Hey you know thats a good idea no wine for me then:D, I don't drive but will want to be coherent:shock: I have got Ian to set up the enclosure tonight for me, and bought some dangley carroty toy things for her, I feel such a :censored: for doing this to her but is all in a good cause she will thank me one day for it:D

Yes I am sure she will be fine and you will be able to relax in the end but, just in case (hope you don't mind me saying that, didn't mean to sound patronising but, it would be horrible if something happened). As you said she is strong and healthy so hopefully it will be fine, same for me I know how you feel though, they are blissfully unaware and I know she will think what the hell is going on. She is so trusting of me now aswell, I hope she forgives me too :( Fingers crossed for us both and our little bunsters xx

Last edited:
Yes I am sure she will be fine and you will be able to relax in the end but, just in case (hope you don't mind me saying that, didn't mean to sound patronising but, it would be horrible if something happened). As you said she is strong and healthy so hopefully it will be fine, same for me I know how you feel though, they are blissfully unaware and I know she will think what the hell is going on. She is so trusting of me now aswell, I hope she forgives me too :( Fingers crossed for us both and our little bunsters xx
No not patronising at all, was only going to have a glass to steady the old nerves, but I would feel awful if something went wrong and I was slurring at the vets, I can save the wine till sat no worries :p Ians on Bunny duty that night:love:

Back