• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fairy the Hamster

Starlight

Warren Veteran
Is still looking for a home!
Her sister went to a new home a month ago.
She has outgrown her cage here, she is growing so fast!

Fairy003.jpg

Fairy004.jpg

Yay, go on do it, Hetty!!

Casey's been nagging me to take Fairy ever since she found out that the other little one died :( but we really don't have the space or time to give another hammie - Snickers is a very demanding lady. :lol::lol:

Ooh, I know nothing about hamsters!
What do I do? :oops:

Go and get her ;) :lol:

Hamsters are pretty straightforward.

They need about a teaspoon of food a day, any more than that will get stored and chucked out when you clean the cage

They are most active at night

Their sight is not great

Never lift a sleeping hamster, you will get bitten

Always wash your hands before lifting so you dont smell of food. You might also want to rub your hands in the bedding so you smell like home.

They like to chew things, and climb, so make the cage interesting

Cant think of anything else off the top of my head.

Go and get her ;) :lol:

Hamsters are pretty straightforward.

They need about a teaspoon of food a day, any more than that will get stored and chucked out when you clean the cage

They are most active at night

Their sight is not great

Never lift a sleeping hamster, you will get bitten

Always wash your hands before lifting so you dont smell of food. You might also want to rub your hands in the bedding so you smell like home.

They like to chew things, and climb, so make the cage interesting

Cant think of anything else off the top of my head.

i fed phoebe a little non-salted nut last night as a treat, i still had the smell on my hand and she kept following it around the cage :lol:

Dont forget to get a ball! they love running around :wave:

i fed phoebe a little non-salted nut last night as a treat, i still had the smell on my hand and she kept following it around the cage :lol:

Dont forget to get a ball! they love running around :wave:

I have a black bag full of hamster stuff, including two balls, chew toys etc etc....All here waiting for you Hetty ;)

I have a black bag full of hamster stuff, including two balls, chew toys etc etc....All here waiting for you Hetty ;)

Thats great! :D
I have a spare ball, you should always have a spare :lol:
Where we have wooden flooring etc its scratching the ball :roll:

Back