• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your breed?

So ladies and gentlemen, what is your chosen breed? Or is retrospect, what breed chose you?

AND

if you had no choice and there could only be *one* breed of rabbit, which breed would you choose and why?

P.S This is just supposed to be a fun light hearted thread...No, there isn't an apocalypse coming where you'll need to choose one breed. ;)

I think I show off every moment I have :oops: but mine are Giant Papillons :love: I am owned by two and adore them to pieces. I chose them myself... very selfishly I think. They have been my dream breed from day one of bunny keeping, and I am glad I have them in my life :)

If I had to pick one breed to own, it would be the Argente de Champagne just because they are the most beautiful colour I have ever seen. If a breed had to pick me, (considering I wouldn't really think about getting such a small bunny) it would have to be B+W dutch :love: There is one in adoption who is pulling at my heart at the moment, and I am dreading the day someone takes him :(

only one.. but we are supposed to keep them in pairs ;)

Belgian Hare would be my first choice and a NZW would be their partner :lol::lol:

hehe ok, id love to have a belgian hare.. dont think ill ever be brave enough tho in my real life :love::love::love::love:

An Old English chose me! :lol:

Erm...probably some sort of fuzzy lop, I love big buns and squashed faces, or a nethie, because they're so speedy, or a dutch, with such big personalities, or a rex with that lovely fur, or a chinchilla, or a himalyan, or a lionhead, or a flemish or....... :lol:

OOooo that's cruel... well I have a dwarf, a mini lop and liking the frenchies even more but .....hmmm.... I'd chose mini lop

I am a sucker for an english lop, i cant help it i just love them i want them all to be mine :oops: :love::love::love:

But i am also a massive fan on english spots :love:

I have lots of different breeds and crosses, but if I could only choose one it would have to be one that is cheeky and active like a Dutch or similar breed.

Mine would be NZ white - cos I had one & he was :love::love::love::love::love::love:

But I've had a rex, a frenchie, several lionheads, dwarf lops & a mini lop & love them all for different reasons:D

ATM a french lop lion.

I'd choose...any bunny with that glint. You know what I mean!! The glint that says when your back is turned I'm gonna pee on your carpet and chew up your fave mag!!

I would choose a Beveren - like SmokyJoe - they are on the big side without being massive and Smoky has a great cheeky personality - laid-back but nosey :lol:

(of course that's not to say that all Beveren's would be like him ;) )

But I also really like lops - all the lops I've had have been super friendly :D

So ladies and gentlemen, what is your chosen breed? Or is retrospect, what breed chose you?

AND

if you had no choice and there could only be *one* breed of rabbit, which breed would you choose and why?

P.S This is just supposed to be a fun light hearted thread...No, there isn't an apocalypse coming where you'll need to choose one breed. ;)

my chosen breed was rex, although I'm sure my two are crossed between mini and standard because they are bigger than minis but smaller than standards. I was just looking for an rescue rabbit, but the rex litter particularly caught my eye because they are unusual and really beautiful. I nearly didn't get them because I had to wait for my hutch to arrive before I took them, but thankfully it came and we got them. I admit I didn't research the rex breed and this was wrong, but I was just amazed at their gorgeous fur and markings.

If there could be only one breed of rabbit, it would be a dutch. I love dutches, they are generally healthy and beautiful.

But i am also a massive fan on english spots :love:

What, like this one?

Imported22feb2010279.jpg

;)

Ooh, lovely :love: She's a proper English as well, Vin's kind of broken, she dosen't have much of a stripe, more of a blob :lol:

Back