• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why is it...

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
....that you let the buns out and they just sit there? 3 out of my 4 will have a wander for 5 or 10 mins, then find a comfy spot and park their bum there - only getting up to have some hay or a drink.

yes I know :lol:

I panic about getting home and giving the buns free range time -

Oreo does appreciate it - he will run about like a loony for ages

But
Sooty very often will stay where she is and not come out
and
Charlie will come out have a run about in his tunnel for about 3 minutes will nibble a box and then flop on the landing for about 3 hours until I put him to bed :lol:

awww! ruby runs riot when she is set free but reggie goes and sits under the bed for about an hour before even attempting to do any exercise

When are you letting them out? It might be your are timing it for a relaxed period and they are busy acting like crazy buns at a different time :)

My buns have free range of the garden for most of the day. And all day they just sit in the hutch. People are in and out of the garden all day (I live with smokers and we don't let them smoke in the house) and I am out giving them cuddles and Grim eye drops all the time. At around midnight when I put them to bed, they're suddenly really hyperactive. :lol:

When are you letting them out? It might be your are timing it for a relaxed period and they are busy acting like crazy buns at a different time :)

Today they were out from about 2pm till 10, but during the week it's half 6 till 11. They're the same whatever time I let them out :roll: :lol:

The only time Charlie runs about like mad for ages is when he's "helping" me make my bed
The rest of the time he's lazy!

The bird is the worst. She'll be DESPERATE to come out the cage, so I'll let her out... She'll go to sleep on top of the cage :roll::lol:

matthew and tabitha are usually free ranging in the house in the evening. after a look around for paper to shred (bills, wallpaper, birth certificates, you name it) they will settle just outside the entrance to their pen, and doze.

Kai was like this, didn't matter when I let him out, he was just so darn placid! Sometimes he'd run around his cage like a loon, but he'd only get about four laps in before collapsing for another week. :lol:

Well i'm glad I'm not the only one with lazy buns! It seems that there are quite a few on RU :D

I think Dixie is an exeption :? When we let her out, normally around 4pm to around 10pm, she runs round none stop for the whole time, literally. The only time she stops is to go to her potty, then shes back out racing around like a mad head :? She really is a handful :lol:

My two are freerange (upstairs) all day, but they go to bed about midday and don't surface until at least 5pm, often even later. They're quiet at night too, so I reckon they spend at least 15 hours snoozing out of every 24 :lol:

Back