• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think they know?

Buuny_Friend

Mama Doe
Do you think bunnies 'know' when they are safe / rescued etc?

Soloman (amputee bun we have just rescued) has only been with us since Friday evening but comes up to us and loves nose rubs :love: He doesn't shy away from us at all and doesn't mind sitting on my lap!

Considering what he has been through - having an infection in his elbow joint since before Christmas causing him great pain, having fleas, being carted from pillar to post - I think he is amazing!

Do you think bunnies know when 'everything will be ok'?

i actually believe thats why rescue bunnies sometimes die.. they feel safe enough to just let go.

plus Alvin is a total git, hed never be this demonic if he didnt feel like he was the boss and safe in his kingdom :roll:

i actually believe thats why rescue bunnies sometimes die.. they feel safe enough to just let go.

plus Alvin is a total git, hed never be this demonic if he didnt feel like he was the boss and safe in his kingdom :roll:

:cry::cry:
That first senetence.....

That made me tearful! :roll:

I think many animals feel like this, and suddenly feel like they can relax. I'm not sure if it is 'vibes' given off by the other animals or they just feel safe because thier ailments are being seen to. I also agree with Donna and think that the stress/ adrenalin levles drop in this situation 'allowing' them to relax enough to die.

oh bugga.. ive offended RU again :oops::oops::oops:

it is what i beleive tho sorry

Not offended at all....youre prolly right in alot of sad cases.
Blooming bunnies.
Why do they have to be the most neglected animal???Its heart breaking.
Roland is only a yr old.Spent most of his life in rescue....but hes healthy and Im hoping he will be happy with me...and not let go!!!!

I agree with this sad as it is :cry:. I think they sometimes come to feel the warm cuddle of someone who cares before they go.

I also think they do know when they have been rescued. My Giles was dumped in a carpark in a terrible state, obviously after a long spell of neglect, but all he wanted was nose rubs, non stop nose rubs :lol:. And i still think how could he trust someone after what he had gone through?

i have no idea how they forgive :? has anyone read that book about rescued bunnies, omg how i blubbed at that

this is how i know Alvin was never mistreated hes such a stroppy git there was no rescuing involved :lol::lol:

I agree with this sad as it is :cry:. I think they sometimes come to feel the warm cuddle of someone who cares before they go.

I also think they do know when they have been rescued. My Giles was dumped in a carpark in a terrible state, obviously after a long spell of neglect, but all he wanted was nose rubs, non stop nose rubs :lol:. And i still think how could he trust someone after what he had gone through?

Gah!! Ive tears coursing down my face........
" warm cuddle of someone who cares before they go"............

i have no idea how they forgive :? has anyone read that book about rescued bunnies, omg how i blubbed at that

this is how i know Alvin was never mistreated hes such a stroppy git there was no rescuing involved :lol::lol:

Ooooh, which book is that?

Back